Imagine #37 ~ Damon Salvatore

{This is what I am}

Damon turned around to look at (Y/n) as she sat on the ground, knees against her chest, and pushing herself against the nearest wall; her breathing heavy and scattered. Damon held the man's body in his hands as his eyes were bloodshot red, and his lips were red with blood; his long teeth showing. 

"What the hell are you?"  (Y/n) asked as she carefully watched Damon. He stayed silent for a few seconds, before his face dropped slightly. He knew that he couldn't keep this a secret anymore. "You want to know that I am?" He asked, dropping the man's now lifeless body on the floor. "I'm a vampire."

*****

That day started off like any other ordinary day. (Y/n) woke up to the light as it shone through the windows, her in Damon's arms. He too woke, and kissed her gently. It was things like this that made her believe that Damon was just like any other man; but she would soon find out that this was not the case. 

(Y/n) got showered and dressed, before she headed downstairs, to the large kitchen in the Salvatore house.

The windows shattered, causing (Y/n) to fall to the ground in shock, her hands over her head, and her eyes shut tightly. She heard footsteps running towards her. She thought it was Damon but the individual grabbed her and threw her against the wall. "Where is he?" A man stood in front of her, and grabbed her by the neck. "W-Who?" (Y/n) stuttered.

"Don't play dumb with me little girl!" The man snarled. "Where is he?!" 

"(Y/n)?" Damon came running down the stairs, but stopped in his tracks to see the man holding (Y/n). "Leave her out of this." Damon demanded. "This isn't her fight." The man looked between Damon and (Y/n) before chuckling to himself. "She doesn't know, does she?" The man clearly found joy in this situation. (Y/n) was desperate to know what was going on, but was too scared to question anything, so she remained silent, and watched the scene unfold. 

"You don't have to do this..." Damon said, but the man just ignored him.

"Are you going to tell her,  or am I?" The man looked at (Y/n) and tutted. "Maybe it's better if I show you; maybe then, lover boy will learn his lesson." With a few sudden movements, (Y/n) was stood in front of him, and her hair placed to one side. "Damon..." (Y/n) whispered, crying. As the man grabbed hold of her tighter, he raised his own head up, to expose his teeth to Damon. "She looks nice." The man told Damon. "But will she taste nice?" (Y/n) desperately tried to break free from the man's grasp as he went in for a bite, but Damon wasn't prepared to let that happen. He moved so quickly that (Y/n) didn't see him, but immediately fell to the floor as Damon threw the man across the room. When (Y/n) sat up, she saw the man's body in Damon's arms, and Damon's mouth near his neck. "Damon?" (Y/n) asked. 

Damon turned around to look at (Y/n) as she sat on the ground, knees against her chest, and pushing herself against the nearest wall; her breathing heavy and scattered. Damon held the man's body in his hands as his eyes were bloodshot red, and his lips were red with blood; his long teeth showing.

"What the hell are you?" (Y/n) asked as she carefully watched Damon. He stayed silent for a few seconds, before his face dropped slightly. He knew that he couldn't keep this a secret anymore. "You want to know that I am?" He asked, dropping the man's now lifeless body on the floor. "I'm a vampire." Damon's eyes returned to the way they were before; the bright blue that (Y/n) had found comfort in many times. He reached his hand out to (Y/n) but she tried to get away from him. "Don't touch me!" She cried. "You can't be a vampire. Vampire's aren't real. They're made up to scare children. You're not!" 

"(Y/n), this is what I am." He admitted as she knelt in front of her. "I can't change it, and believe me I've tried, but I promise you, I would never ever hurt you." He tried to reassure her. (Y/n) didn't know how to respond; everything she thought she knew was a lie. "I don't hurt good people, only bad ones." He looked behind him at the man on the ground. "and he was bad."

"When did this happen?" (Y/n) stuttered. "When did you become this?"

"120 years ago."  He admitted as he watched (Y/n)'s face fall into her hands; he watched her cry. He had done this to her; he had let his anger get the best of him, and now his secret was out there. "I wish that I didn't know any of this." (Y/n) cried. "Because when I know this, I question everything." 

"I can make you forget." Damon said after a few moments. "I can make you forget everything you've just seen, everything I've just told you." He watched as her face rose to meet his. "If that's what you truly want." He added. (Y/n) thought for a few moments. 

"I do." She said. "I love you too much to lose you." 

Damon nodded. "Look into my eyes." (Y/n) did so. "Forget everything I've just told you---"