Imagine #40 - Ian Somerhalder

{Your new home}

You felt the leaves crunch beneath your feet as you ran as fast as you could, pushing past people in the street, and apologising as you did so. You had to get away, as far away as you could without being caught. Your backpack continuously hit your back as you ran, but there was no time to stop, or slow down, or readjust your backpack; you had no choice but to run.

You relived the last couple of minutes; you did what you had done, because you were desperate. If it had been up to you, you wouldn't be on the streets, and having to result to stealing as a means of surviving, but your parents had given you no other choice. They had kicked you out, and now you had no-one, and nothing. You were all alone in this big, scary world. You relived your whole life; you had been alone this whole time.

You wiped the tears from your eyes as you continued to run, you were sure that any minute now, the police officers that the shop owner had been ringing as you fled the shop, would turn up, and whisk you away to the cells, where you were most certain you'd rot for the rest of your life. Right now, that seemed better than an uncertain life on the streets in the middle of winter.

You were so focused on running as though your life depended on it, you were startled when you bumped into someone. "Sorry." You said, through a sob, before they grabbed your arm. "Are you okay?" They asked, genuine concern in their voice. "You looked up to see a guy, not that much older than you stood in front of you. "You're freezing." He stated. Before you could reply, you heard police sirens in the distant. "I really have to go." Was all you said, as you pulled out of his grip and ran away. To your surprise, he chased after you. "Wait!" He said. You ran into a doorway, and stopped. "Yes?" You said agitated.

"Are you on the run?" He asked, bluntly. You didn't say anything. "Your parents kick you out?"

"What's it to you?"

"There was a time in my life where I didn't have a home either." He shrugged. "I know what it's like to not know where your next meal is coming from. I want to help you."

You were taken aback, this was the first time that anyone had ever wanted to help you before; you didn't know how to react. "Come with me." He said, grabbing your hand, and pulling you with him. "Where are we going?"

"My place." He replied.

"I thought you said that you didn't have a place." You asked suspiciously, as you checked behind you every now and again, worried that you were being followed. "I didn't at one time, but now, finally, I have my own place." He admitted.

"And you don't mind?"

"Of course not." He looked at you. "In the nicest possible way, you must be really desperate for a place." You looked back at him. "Why else would you follow a guy you've never met to his house, because he's offered you a place to stay? You're not even suspicious about this situation."

"Firstly, maybe I am desperate. Secondly, you didn't let me get there; How do I know that you're not going to kill me?"

"If I'd have wanted to kill you,I would have done it already." He smiled, and you couldn't help but do the same. "I don't even know your name."

"I'm Ian." He said, holding his hand out for you to shake.

"I'm (Y/n)." You told him as the two of you arrived at a house. You followed him in, and looked around. "Welcome to your new home."