Imagine #4 ~ Damon Salvatore

{Prom Night - Part 2}

"You...look...stunning." Damon told you as you approached him outside Mystic Falls High, wearing your prom dress. "To say that you're basically an old man, you're not looking too bad yourself." You teased as he nudged you before holding out his arm for you too take. 

You took it and took a deep breathe. "It'll be fine." Damon said, knowing exactly what you were thinking. "He'll be with her." You told him as you thought about your ex boyfriend with his new fling, i.e. one of the numerous girls that he cheated on you with. Damon turned towards you. "Just look at me. Don't waste any time on that low life. He's not worth it." He stopped. "Also, I won't kill anyone, not even him."

"How did you--"

"I'm a vampire, I can read your mind." 

"Come on." You said, shaking you head. "Let's get in there." You took his arm and the two of you went in to the gymnasium together. Instead of it being plain and boring, the prom committee had really gone all out and decorated it so that it was practically unrecognisable. As soon as you and Damon walked in, you immediately saw your ex and looked at Damon. "Let's dance." You said, pulling him onto the dance floor, determined to show your ex that you had moved on, you didn't need him and there was nothing that he could do to you anymore. He was nothing to you. 

Once again, Damon pulled your body close to his as the two of you swayed to the music that was playing. Once again, that feeling rushed through you like a wave, each time it was stronger and you couldn't deny it anymore. "Damon?" You asked. "Why did you offer to come with me to this?"

"You're my best friend and I know how much you were looking forward to it." He told you,moving a strand of hair out of your face. "Plus, I couldn't stand to see you upset any longer." His face moved closer towards yours. You could feel his breath on your skin and all you could picture was your lips colliding with his. You knew that it was wrong to think about because Damon was your best friend but the feeling was overwhelming. You took a deep breathe, realising what that feeling had been all along. You were in love with you best friend. You were in love with Damon Salvatore. "You okay." He asked. "You're miles away." The two of you were still dancing. 

"Yeah. You said. You needed to tell him, You couldn't keep it to yourself any longer. "Damon, there is something that I need to tell you..." You started as he looked at you, intrigued. "Recently, very recently, I have realised that I - Well, I don't know how to put it exactly but - I like you. Like, like you and I - " His lips pressed on yours. 

"Thank god you feel the same." He laughed. "I thought it was just me and that's why I didn't say anything sooner.