Imagine #67 - Ian Somerhalder

{Bail Me Out}

You had just gotten home from work and it had been an incredibly long day at that. A long day that had been full of important meetings and seemingly endless piles of paperwork. You poured yourself a massive cup of coffee, knowing that you had a long night ahead of you. "If you really want to keep this job, then you'd better get on with all this work." Your boss' words echoed inside your head like a broken record. You sat staring at the mounds of paperwork, as you carefully sipped your coffee, wondering where the hell you were going to start. That's when your phone rang. You stared at the number that was not accompanied by a name. The number seemed vaguely familiar to you, but you were;t sure where from. It's the curiosity you felt that pushed you to answer the phone; normally you'd ignore any unknown numbers because you were incredibly unsociable when you didn't need to be. 

"Hello?" 

"Oh Thank God! (Y/n)! I need your help!" The voice that replied shocked you, but also warmed your heart. "Ian? Is that you?"Ian had grown up alongside you, and you'd loved him unconditionally for as long as you could remember, but you never had the courage to tell him and he inevitably moved on. He went through a string of relationships before he met his current girlfriend, who absolutely hates you, hence why you'd drifted apart the last couple of months. "Are you okay?" You asked, almost shouting so that he could hear you over the loud noises coming from his end of the phone. "Where the hell are you?" There were a few moments of silence before he replied "The police station." He said, nervously. "Please can you come and get me? I need you to bail me out. It's a long story."

By this point, you had forgotten about the endless amounts of paperwork in front of you. This was Ian, and he needed you, so of course, you were going to help him. "Of course, I'll be there. Give me 10 minutes."

"Okay, but please hurry, there are criminals everywhere." He added. "I definitely stick out."