Imagine #20 ~ Damon Salvatore

{Out of Control}

"I can't control it!" You placed your head in your hands as you walked around the Salvatore mansion. You hands were shaking. "Damon! I can't control it!" You repeated. Damon grabbed hold of your arm. "I've been there and I can help you get through it."

You had heard him but the urge to feed was growing stronger by the second. "That urge, it won't go away. That voice, it's telling me to feed." You looked at him. "But I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't want to kill. That's not who I am." You cried as he held you in his arms, trying to stop you from shaking. 

"I know  it's not but you have the power to fight this and come out of the other side stronger than ever. If anyone can do it, it's you (Y/n)." Your hands went to cover your eyes as the veins underneath them became visible and your teeth began to show. You didn't want Damon to see you like that and to think any differently of you. You knew that you had to get as far away from hi as possible; he was the last person that you wanted to hurt. "I'm sorry Damon. Please forgive me." You said as you ran to the front door, only to be stopped in your tracks. "Why can't I get out?" You asked as you ran towards it again only to be pushed back. You looked back at Damon, the veins had disappeared again. 

"While you were out, you know because of the vervain, I had Bonnie put a spell on the house that stops you from leaving." He told you simply. He stood up and held his hand out to you. "Damon, don't! I don't want to hurt you." You begged him to get away from you. 

"Let me help you (Y/n)..." He said.

"You can't!" You screamed as you kept throwing yourself at the doorway, trying desperately to break out. "(Y/n)!" He shouted, finally managing to grab hold of you. "I'm sorry that it had to be like this but I'll get you out of this. I promise." He injected you with more vervain to get you to calm down. "I'm so sorry." He said as he picked you up. You were out of it, only being able to hear his murmurs. He was telling you that he was sorry, over and over again, and telling you that he was going to get you through this no matter what. 

He carried you down to cell in the basement and placed you on the floor. He sat with you for a little bit, removing a strand of hair from your face.  "If anyone can get you through this, it's you." He said. "I love you, (Y/n)." He kissed you, a tear falling onto your face before he left the cell and locked the door behind him.