Imagine #39 ~ Damon Salvatore

{Porch} 

(Y/n) was sat on her sofa, reading her book for her English class when she heard something outside the window. She lifted her head to look out of the window, glanced for a few seconds but saw nothing, so she turned her attention back to her book. (Y/n) had goosebumps, and felt completely on edge; she was home alone. Of course, she knew that nothing was going to happen to her, but her mind went to the worst places because she was home alone; this made dark, and stormy nights like this much worse. 

Trying to focus again on her book, she heard a clatter of noises outside the window again, she tried to shrug it off as the wind messing up the porch, until she heard someone say: "Shit!" She placed her book down on the sofa and cautiously made her way to the front door.  

(Y/n) opened the front door and looked out. "Damon?" She asked, surprised to see her best friend stood outside the door. She let out a sigh of relief to know that it was him, and not an axe murder; you could never be too careful in Mystic Falls. "Are you alright? What are you doing here?" He was picking up the plant pot that he had knocked over accidentally. He placed it back where it was and looked up at (Y/n).

"Sorry if I scared you." He said genuinely, placing his hands in the pockets of his jeans. 

"Why didn't you just knock?" (Y/n) asked.

"Honestly, I didn't want you to know I was here." (Y/n) raised her eyebrows. "I wasn't convinced that I was going to be able to say what I want to say to you." He looked at the ground. "I was such a nervous wreck that I ended up knowing over the plant pot." He gave a nervous laugh as he ran his hand through his jet black hair. 

"What did you want to talk to me about?" 

Damon took a deep breathe. "I've got to be honest with you (Y/n), even if that means you don't want to be friends with me after this." There was a few seconds of silence that made (Y/n)'s mind race with the worst possible things that he could tell her. Those thoughts were silenced when Damon leaned forward, pulled (Y/n) towards him, and kissed her. The kiss was long, and intense, and it filled (Y/n) with so many positive emotions. When Damon pulled away, he looked at her. "I've always wanted to do that." He admitted, before (Y/N) pulled him back towards her and kissed him again.