Imagine #9 - Ian Somerhalder

{Fight}

(Y/n) was sat, waiting for Ian to get home. He had been out late again. She had hardly seen him since they had discovered that there was very little chance that (Y/n) would be able to conceive a child. It was their dream to have children together but that was hardly ever going to happen. Ian was crushed, just as much as (Y/n) had been. 

She sat on the sofa, scrolling through her phone but nothing interesting was to be seen, so she placed it down. She sat, staring at the front door. She'd just hoped that nothing bad had happened to him. She thought about calling him but didn't want to seem too worried and crazy, so she left it for a while. That's when he walked through the door.

"Ian?" (Y/n) asked, getting up and running to the door. He shrugged her off. "I'm fine." was his reply as he walked past her. "You know, you can't avoid me forever. You can't avoid this forever. Why do keep staying out so late? Why do you not want to be in the same room as me?

"Because, I don't want to be in this fucking house!" She looked at him and she was shocked because he never spoke to her like this. He was angry about everything and now he was lashing out.  She wouldn't mind but this was the second night this week, that he had come home late and angry. 

"What?" 

"This house. You. It's a constant reminder that we can't have kids. It's a constant reminder of how hard and how long we've been trying and it was all for nothing!" He was shouting now. "I have no one to talk to about this!"

"I'm your wife! You can talk to me!" She told him calmly as she didn't want to argue with him. "I don't want this to be our life now, Ian." She looked at him. "Just talk to me." She begged him. 

"You would not understand." He said. 

"Really? You think I wouldn't understand what it's like to be told that you can't have kids. Give me a fucking break!"

"I'm fucking angry okay!" He shouted.  "I'm fucking angry. I'm angry at me, I'm angry me!"

"Me?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm angry at you. Why can't you get pregnant? I wanted you to be pregnant but you're not."

"You think that I'm okay with this." She looked at him "You think I'm okay with the fact that I can't have children. That we can't have the family we want? The family we dreamed about?" She asked. "I'm sorry to break it to you Ian but not everybody can get pregnant. I'm sorry that I've one of them and such a fucking disappointment to you. As a matter of fact, I am fucking devastated  because, I can think about is me and you having a child together!"

Everything seemed to catch up with Ian and he realised what he had said and saw how upset (Y/n), the love of his life was. "I'm going to bed." She stated as she left the room, leaving Ian alone in the living room. He was inconsolable. "I have to fix this." He told himself. "This cannot be the end. I cannot lose her."