Imagine #29 - Ian Somerhalder {REQUESTED}

*A/n* - This was requested by AStoryWriterForMe

This is going to be about Nina and Ian. 

Enjoy x 

_______________________

{Always Nina}

"I can't believe this." Nina said, as you put her phone down next to her. The screen was still on and she glanced down at it to look at the picture that she had just taken. Not believing what she had seen, she looked back up but it was real. She had seen Nikki, Ian's wife, kissing another man in his car. They were driving away as Nina picked up her phone and rang Ian. 

"Hey Nina!" His voice was bright as he answered the phone. "I wasn't expecting to hear from you today." He admitted. "Is everything okay?" He added before she could talk. 

"Not really?" She told him but she was struggling to find the words. 

"What's up?" He asked but all that he heard was silence from the other end of the phone. "Nina, You can talk to me, you know that. "

"I can't talk about this over the phone." She stated.

"Okay..." Was his reply. 

"Are you busy right now?" She asked. "This can't wait." 

"No, come on over." He said. 

"Okay, I'm on my way." She paused before saying. "Sorry in advance." She hung up as he started to question her and drove over to his house. Her mind was whirring. How would he react? How could she tell him? All she knew was that he had to know to the truth. Nina loved Nikki but she also loved Ian. Yes, they dated in the past and he made her so happy but they remained best friends when they went their separate way. 

She pulled up at Ian's house and he opened the door as she got out her car. "What's going on?" He asked, worried, knowing that this wasn't like Nina at all. 

"I don't know how tell you this and I wasn't sure whether I should tell you or not but I think that you deserve to know." She said, pulling out her phone and pulling up the pictures that she had taken of Nikki and the mysterious guy. Shakily, she handed the phone to Ian as she waited for his reaction. 

"Thank you for telling me Nina." He replied, calmly. "You did the right thing. I knew that something was going on with this guy but I shook it off, trying not to assume the worst." 

"Wait, you've met this guy?"

"Yeah." Ian said, shaking his head. "He's nice as well. I knew it!" He said.

"I'm really sorry." Nina said again. 

"Please don't be sorry." Ian said. "You did the right thing." He repeated, knowing he had to confront Nikki when she came home. 

She arrived a few hours later, Ian was stood by the door when she walked through it. Nina had already left by this point but had sent Ian the photos at his request. "Hey babe." Nikki said as she tried to kiss him but he wouldn't let her. "Don't 'hey babe' me." He said, gripping his phone. 

"What's wrong?" She asked as Ian held up the phone and showed her the pictures of her with another guy and kissing him. "Where did you get those?" She asked. 

"Not even denying it." Ian said, with a small laugh. "It doesn't matter where I got them. What matters is why you did it!" 

"Because." Was all she said. 

"Is that it?" Ian asked but she remained silent. "You know, I'm glad I learned the truth before we got married." He stopped. "I want you to pack your stuff and leave. The wedding's off." He said, before walking away. 

Once Nikki packed up her stuff and placed it in her car. She turned to Ian. "I could never compete with her." She stated. 

"With who?" Ian asked.

"Nina." She said. "You might have loved me but not in the way that you love Nina. It was always Nina and I was a fool to think that it would ever be me." She stopped before saying; "Honestly, you shouldn't have let her go. Have a nice life Ian." She said, before driving away and leaving Ian in the driveway with Nina on his mind. 

At this point, Nina was at home, thinking about the events of the day and wondering how Ian was doing and if he had confronted Nikki. Nina just couldn't get her head around it, why would Nikki do this to Ian, after everything? Nina wanted to stop thinking about it because it upset her, Ian deserved so much better than a cheater. As Nina, flicked through the channels on her TV with a glass of wine waiting for her, someone knocked on the door. She stood up and went to answer it. She was surprised to find Ian stood there. 

"Ian?" She asked. "Is everything okay?" He leaned and kissed her, taking her by surprise. When he pulled away he said. "It's always been you Nina." 

___________

*A/n* 

I just want to clarify that this is no hate towards Nikki or her relationship with Ian or me saying that he's better off with Nina. Whilst I love Nina and Ian, I also love Nikki and Ian's relationship. Honestly, if Ian is happy then so am I.

Hope you enjoyed this!