Imagine #10 ~ Damon Salvatore

{I can't lose you - Part 1}

Damon sat in front of you. "What's up."

"It's nothing." You told him as he took your hand in his and kissed it. It was a lie, everything was up. You'd been thinking recently about your relationship with Damon, what the future had in store for the two of you. You had been together for three years and you loved him profusely but things weren't as simple as they could have been, they weren't as simple as they would have been for other people. Things could never be simple when you were dating a vampire. 

His younger brother, Stefan, who was also a vampire, was being a bit of a dick and starting talking about how you and Damon would never be a normal couple. You would age, he wouldn't. If you wanted too, you'd never be able to have children because Vampire cannot procreate, no matter how much they love to try. It got you thinking that maybe it's time that you and Damon stop fooling yourselves and call it quits on your relationship. Obviously, he could turn you into a vampire, like him but he has always stated that he refuses to do so. He claims it is a burden that you do not deserve to have. 

"You want to know what's up?" You says as he looks at you and runs a hand through your hair. "I can't lose you." You stated, simply.

"Who says you're going to lose me?"

"I do. Stefan did." A look of anger and annoyance spread across his face. 

"(Y/n). Babe. He's a dick. Don't listen to a word he says." You look at him and bite your lip. Yes, Stefan is a dick but you knew that he was right. "Me and you, we'll never be a normal couple and we'll never be able to do what normal couples do. If we wanted, we couldn't get married because I'd age and you wouldn't. If we wanted kids, we can't because vampires can't procreate."

"But we love to try!" Damon reminded you as he placed his hand on your leg. 

"Damon..." You began but stopped. You knew that Damon was the one that you wanted to be with, the one you wanted forever. You and Damon were meant to be together, there was no denying that. Which is why you said what you did, next. 

"Damon." He looked at you. 

"Yes, my love." 

"I want you to turn me." Silence. "I want you to turn me into a vampire."

Silence.