Imagine #6 ~ Damon Salvatore

{Meeting the Parents}

"So..." Damon began as the you sat in the Salvatore mansion in the heart of Mystic Falls. Damon was your boyfriend and the two of you were waiting for your parents to arrive and meet Damon for the first time in your relationship. "What are things that I should probably avoid saying to my future-in-laws? I don't want them to get the wrong impression of me." You laughed, he was such a joker.  "Well, obviously don't tell them that you've killed a load of people by drinking their blood. Avoid saying that you can't walk in the sunlight without a ring." He nodded in agreement at both points. "And maybe, just don't mention that you're one hundred and sixty years old." He laughed at the last point. 

"Damon. I'm serious." You said, looking over at him. He was wearing a black shirt, his dark hair was slicked back and that dazzling smile was spread across his face. Clearly, he was dressing to impress. "If you mention it, that will probably do it. They would most likely hate you. Not to mention, they'd be very confused."  He looked at you. "So, I should just create a whole new identity for myself." 

"Probably for the best." You admitted as someone knocked on the front door. You and Damon stood up in unison. Damon pulled down his shirt, removing any creases that there may have been. As you walked to the door to greet your parents, he muttered to himself under his breath. "Don't mess this up Salvatore." 

"Hey." you smiled as you greeted your parents. "It's a nice place, this isn't it (Y/M/n)?" Your father said as he kissed your cheek and went inside, followed by you and your mother. "Oooh!" Your mother said. "I can't wait to meet Damon." In the living room, he was already greeting your father. "It's great to finally meet you." Damon smiled and your father replied; "You too, son." Damon shot you a look of hope as he felt as though he'd been accepted by your father this early on in the first meeting.  "I'm (Y/M/n). I've heard so much about you! It's nice to finally put a face to the name." She said hugging him and taking a seat next to your father on the opposite sofa.

"So, Damon. What do you do?" The question that you had been dreading but you knew that it was coming. Your parents were the type of people who loved getting to know everyone else but you could never tell if it was out of pure curiosity or pure nosiness. "I'm a mechanic by trade. I choose to work for myself. Me and my brother, we work together." He smiled. Clearly, he'd either given this some thought, or it was something he'd done in the past. 

"You have a brother? What's his name?" Your mother asked. 

"Stefan. He's my little brother. No other siblings or family. It's just us." He took your hand in his, reassuring you that he had this under control and he did. Your parents were immersed in his life. "Just the two of you? No parents?" You shot your mother a look as though you were telling her that that may be a bit too personal. 

"No, unfortunately." Damon replied. "We had a considerably small family anyway but our mother died when we were younger, she was ill and a few years later, our father passed too. We lived with our uncle, Zach, after our father's death but he too, unfortunately, died last year." Zach did die but that's only because Damon locked him in the cellar and killed him. He had changed, and you had to give him credit for that.  

Obviously,your parents had took an immediate interest in Damon. It was nice to know that your parents always supported you no matter what you did and no matter who you wanted to be with.  Damon was the one that you wanted. It had always been him, ever since you caught his eye in the Mystic Falls grill, when you were out with your friends.  Damon knew how much your parents meant to you and that is why it was so important for him to make a good impression. Of course, there was one thing in the back of his mind that he couldn't stop thinking about. If this relationship lasted, which is what you both wanted, how could either of you explain that you were ageing and he wasn't? Obviously, he could turn you into a vampire but that would raise questions as to why neither of you were ageing. Besides, he didn't want to be responsible for giving you a life like that. He didn't want that burden to make you as miserable as it made him.  

It was hours later and your parents had left as they wanted to get back on the road before it got dark. You and Damon resided on the sofa that was sat in front of the roaring fire place.  "They really like you." You told Damon as you were wrapped in his arms and as he planted a kiss on your head. "Thank god." He replied. "I like them too." He paused. "I need to ask you something." You looked at him. "What would you say if I told you that I was in love with you." You smiled and sat up. "I would kiss you and say that I love you too."