Imagine #3 - Ian Somerhalder

{Meet the Parents} 

"I'm so nervous." Ian told you, tugging at his t-shirt. "What if they hate me? What if they want us to break up? What if they ignore me for the whole thing because they hate so much?" He asked you, looking at you as you stood next to him in front of the mirror.

"Don't be stupid. They'll love you." You told him, placing your hands in his to stop his pulling at the fabric that hugged his body. "Almost as much as I love you." 

"How much is that?" He asked, suspiciously. "Really. How much?"

"A lot." You laughed, trying to reassure him. You and Ian had been together for about 6 months but he was only meeting your parents now because you had both been busy working and doing other things to find time for Ian to meet your mum and dad. Ian was an actor and so sometimes found it difficult to find time away from set but you understood that. In fact, you had actually been friends for about 4 or 5 months prior to him asking you out. 

Downstairs, somebody knocked on the door. "They're here." He said, nervously stating the obvious. "It's okay." You told him, kissing him. "They'll love you." You ran to answer the door as Ian went to nervously wait in the living room. You opened the door to see your mum and dad stood there, beaming. "(Y/n)!" They both said in unison, embracing you in a hug. 

"It's so good to see you guys!" You told them as they pulled away and your mum ran past you and into the house, "Where is he?" She said, running into the living room with you and your dad behind her and pulling Ian into a hug. "It's so lovely to meet you!" She told him. "We've heard so many wonderful things about you." Ian, clearly taken aback replied; "It's lovely to finally meet you too." 

"Mum." You said, pulling her away slightly. "You're smothering him." Ian laughed along with your dad. "Sorry about her." He smiled. "It's great to meet you Ian." Ian shook his hand. 

"You too, sir." He smiled. Your dad looked at you and told you that Ian was clearly a keeper, because he called him 'sir'. For the rest of the afternoon, your parents, mainly your dad told Ian embarrassing stories about your childhood. When he began telling the mot embarrassing story you, you looked at him; "Dad..." You said. "I'm begging you, please don't ruin my relationship."

"Why would this, incredibly embarrassing but funny story, ruin your relationship?" He asked you. "Because..."You relied, "It is so embarrassing that Ian may not be able to look at me in the same way ever again." 

"Never." Ian smiled and kissed your forehead. He clearly felt incredibly comfortable in front of your parents. When you and Ian went to get some drinks from the kitchen he kissed you. "What was that for?" You asked him, surprised and smiling. 

"For being the best girlfriend." He told you. "And having the best parents ever." You laughed.        "I told you that they'd love you."