Imagine #62 - Dr. Luther Swann

{Wife attack}

"Luther?" You asked, peering into the open door of his house. No-one answered. "Luther?" You asked again. "I need to talk to you." You stated. It was important. You were his assistant in the lab and he had suspected that a new virus was going around that basically turned people into vampires but you had shrugged it off at first, but now you had seen it happen on your way home and Luther was the only one that would know what to do. 

"Luther?" You asked again, peering around his living room. You turned around to see his wife stood there, in the dark. You jumped a mile. "Jess!" You said, raising your hand to your chest where your heart was beating at a million miles an hour. "You scared me." Jess didn't say anything, she simply stood there in the dark and in silence. 

"Have you seen Luther?" You asked, suddenly feeling the urge to run away; something wasn't right. "I need to talk to him." Jess remained silent. "I'll just ring him." You stated, turning around to rush out of the door. 

As you got to the doorway, you were pushed to the ground and dragged back into the house. You screamed as you realised that it was Jess who was dragging you. "What are you doing?" You asked. "Please, let me go!" You were turned on your back to see Jess snarling at you. She wasn't herself. "Your one of them." Was all you could say as she showed her teeth and went to bite you. You screamed.

Then, there was a gunshot. You closed your eyes as you felt Jess move off of you quickly. Eventually, you convinced yourself to open your eyes and looked to see Jess dead in the corner of the room. You looked to see Luther stood in shock, he looked at Jess then to you. "Are you okay?" He asked, kneeling down beside you. "Did she get you? I'm so sorry."

"Luther." You said, desperately. "You were right."

"I know." He said, shaking. "We're in big trouble."