Chapter 82: Grand Finale

Saitama was smiling confidently as he stared down Goku and Vegeta who were both astonished to how their foe was still standing. Vegeta clenched his fists angrily as he grunted.

"He defeated Jiren, powerful doesn't describe this one. Dammit, I've already pushed past my limits far too many times. But just the thought of losing makes me think I can do it again."

Goku smiled nervously when he chuckled.

"Trust me, I know what you mean—."

Goku gasped when suddenly his Ultra Instinct powered him back down to base form, causing him to nearly collapse. However he caught himself on his way down surprising even Saitama. Wait, don't tell me I'm already out of gas already!

Vegeta scoffed.

"I figured you'd pull a stunt like this, you always push yourself too far. Well Kakarot enjoy watching me win this tournament while you sit on your ass."

Goku raised his arm causing him to fall on his side while he begged.

"Wait no, Vegeta! Argh!"

Vegeta started walking forward while lecturing.

"You got to shine in the last one anyway, so it's better this way. Enjoy your nap."

Vegeta took a deep breath before lunging at Saitama yelling as he threw a punch which was blocked. Vegeta gritted his teeth as his aura flared up allowing him to push Saitama backwards quite the distance. Saitama swatted his arm sending Vegeta flying but he quickly recovered by handstand flipping back to his feet.

Vegeta punched the ground creating a smokescreen which caused Saitama to throw a punch, blowing all the smoke away. After a short search Saitama was kicked upside his head by Vegeta who swiftly took chase.

Goku watched with one eye closed as Vegeta faced Saitama head on despite his injuries, fighting on the sake of pride alone. Not even Vegeta can beat him, and he knows that. I have to get up but my body won't move.

Hit had his hands in his pockets when he stated while watching patiently.

"Vegeta is fighting with everything he has left, and that might not even be enough. I commend his efforts."

Caulifla agreed.

"Yeah, I almost thought old man Goku was the only give we could rely on besides Jiren. But Vegeta is really something out there."

Frieza cleared his throat before yelling.

"You may be the Prince of a race that's going extinct but you have a small portion of hope from me monkey! Although our lives aren't on the line this time, losing to someone like him would leave a bad taste in my mouth. So do us all a favor and win!"

Vegeta was trading blows with Saitama while actually moving forward when he laughed.

"Not very encouraging, but I will win."

Vegeta grabbed both Saitama's fists before jumping up and drop kicking him in his chest, booting him away. Saitama spun around to dodge Vegeta's reappearing kick, but the Saiyan twirled around palming a ki orb into Saitama's chest.