Chapter 48: Why Does This Keep Happening?

The camera was focused on a broken stage piece when suddenly Frieza's body was sent through it. Rocks spilled over the stage as Frieza slid across before grunting, stopping his movement. Frieza objected, "Who the hell do you think you are, attacking me?! Lord Frieza!" Meruem landed in front of Frieza before lecturing, "You still call yourself a 'Lord' after what you did in that tournament? You started off a lone wolf but then you exposed your friends and began helping those fools." Frieza chuckled, "Humph, that was merely for my own survival." Meruem sighed, "You're still in denial huh? Well that's okay, I'll show you what a 'King' can do."

  Meruem appeared behind Frieza who turned his head around in slow motion only to be punched away. Frieza stopped in midair where he began firing multiple death beams. Meruem was moving at undetectable speeds, dodging purple beams which struck the stage. Meruem leaped towards Frieza who dodged his punch which was filled with blood lust. Frieza caught Meruem's incoming tail, stopping it inches away from his face. This imbecile is trying to kill me! Does he not know the rules?! Meruem advised, "Don't take me lightly." Meruem quickly spun around, slamming Frieza onto the stage before punting him away. Frieza grunted as he tumbled across the stage, "You pesky little insect! If you're not playing by the rules then neither will I! You're gonna wish you never joined this tournament!"

  Frieza clenched his fist causing a fiery aura to surround him. Meruem's intense glare grew more dense as a bright golden light radiated from Frieza's body. So he's going into his golden form, he's trying to end this fight as quick as possible. I should be on my guard. Frieza chuckled as his power level continued to rise, "I have this odd feeling that you're trying to kill me and I won't take this insult lightly." Frieza slowly spread his arms out causing the light to shine brighter. Frieza's pale white skin turned golden as his muscles were bulging, flexing veins all over. Frieza's red eyes flowed through the light making Meruem sidestep backwards out of instinct.

  Frieza through the golden light, appearing right in front of Meruem who's eyes widened. Frieza and Meruem clashed forearms before Frieza threw a punch which missed it's mark. Meruem tried to elbow Frieza who ducked underneath before trying the same thing. Meruem flipped backwards avoiding the incoming elbow. Frieza high kicked Meruem who blocked before kicking Frieza who blocked. Frieza and Meruem began multiple punching each other causing a crater to continuously grow in size under them. Frieza flew into the air covered in a fiery aura, making Meruem look up in confusion. Frieza aimed his finger at Meruem who continued to stare him down while laughing, "I hope to see the same face of solitude once I strike you." Frieza fired a red death beam at Meruem who disappeared then reappeared in a different spot. Meruem was suddenly skimmed across his arm by the same red death beam. What? Meruem turned around in slow motion revealing that the death beam was flying in a homing path. Tsk, it's just a scratch. Meruem dashed away making Frieza laugh, "Oh no, you must not understand. You tried to kill me now you must suffer!" Frieza began firing several death beams from his fingers making Meruem run even faster than he already was. Meruem was knicked across his neck, shoulder, waist and his legs several times causing rigid cuts in his tough skin. Why is he so powerful? He didn't seem this strong in the tournament.

  Meruem was standing on his two feet as Frieza slowly descended to the ground. Frieza admitted, "My, my. You do have a sturdy body, I'll be sure to break that apart." Meruem's expression remained bland until he slowly smiled. Fine, I'll just kill him! Meruem's eyes were white and filled with rage and blood lust as Frieza continued to humor himself. I won't hesitate to take his head! As soon as Frieza's feet touched the stage Meruem pounced with no hesitation. Meruem punched Frieza who blocked using his forearm, blowing a strong gust of wind. Meruem appeared behind Frieza who spun around catching his incoming claw. Meruem's tail began rapidly trying to stab Frieza who dodged with precision. Frieza uppercutted Meruem in his gut but he quickly retaliated by attempting to claw Frieza's head off. Meruem's arm was stopped by Frieza's tail making his evil glare focus on Frieza who grunted, "Humph, you're not the only one with a tail you know." Meruem quickly grabbed Frieza's wrist before yelling, "PITOU, KILL HIM!" Frieza turned around to see Pitou lunging her body towards him, claws ready to shed blood. Frieza slammed Meruem on the stage giving him enough time to block Pitou's claw attack. Frieza slid across the stage but when he stopped he noticed blood was dripping from his arms. What's the meaning of all this killing, everyone is starting to look like me. Meruem quickly got up while demanding, "KILL HIM!" Meruem and Pitou dashed towards Frieza who started dodging each blood thirsty attack. Frieza tried to kick Meruem but Pitou took the hit instead allowing Meruem to tackle his prey. Frieza demanded, "Get off me you fool!" Frieza palmed a ki blast into Meruem's stomach, blasting his body into the air. Frieza kicked up to his feet where he began firing multiple death beams at Pitou who used her cat like reflexes to avoid getting hit. Pitou flipped over a curved beam before dashing towards Frieza who slashed the air with his arm. A huge red wave was sent at Pitou who sidestepped right into Frieza's fist which punched her through several broken stage pieces. Frieza leaped back avoiding Meruem's ground breaking punch. Pitou tried to claw Frieza who dodged only to block Meruem's claw attack. The muscles in Pitou's legs grew large as she kicked Frieza who grunted among impact. Meruem elbowed Frieza in his neck before Pitou backflip kicked Frieza into the air.

  Meruem ordered, "LET'S END THIS!" Pitou's pupils narrowed down like a cat as her hands became more claw like. Veins were pulsing throughout her thighs which were bulging. Meruem leaped into the air causing Pitou to follow his lead as her eyes glowed yellow. Dance Terpsichora! Please the King! Frieza suddenly flew higher into the air where he lifted his finger. A gigantic ball of a fiery mass expanded above Frieza who grunted, "I've just about had it with you murderous intentions. Have a taste of your own medicine!" Frieza dropped his finger sending the huge flaming ball at the two incoming foes. Meruem and Pitou were collided with Frieza's attack causing them to grunt as they were being pushed back Meruem screamed, "CURSE YOU FRIEZA!" The ball of utter destruction made contact with the stage causing a huge explosion which broke through a large part of the stage.

  Meruem and Pitou appeared in the bleachers revealing that their bodies were badly damaged. Pitou gasped, "King, allow me to heal your wounds!" Meruem objected, "No, I'm fine." Pitou was shocked as she observed the King's wounds and how he continued to stare at Frieza. Pitou asked, "Do you want to kill that man?" Meruem replied without moving, "Precisely, but I can't do it here. Not in a tournament where killing isn't allowed. I will get my revenge, for now. . . I'll wait." Pitou looked at Frieza who was firing ki blast from above. I too want to kill that man.

*Hey you loyal readers, I talked to a lot of my friends about this fight and I have to say. Frieza would actually destroy Meruem, let alone Pitou as well. Finals start Wednesday so I'm tryna grind. Until then.*