Chapter 77: Unexpected Team Up

Jiren appeared in midair blasting red ki blast in a straight line creating a smokescreen that he landed inside of. He carefully observed the area before mentioning.

"You almost managed to sneak up on me and my comrade but I heard the feint landing of your teleportation trip. And as soon you realized I knew you were there you retreated."

The smoke started to clear revealing Minato to be the one Jiren was talking to, he was tightly gripping his kunai. Just as I thought his senses are on another level. Minato chuckled nervously.

"Heh, guess you caught me. I take it you're not going to let me go without eliminating me now huh?"

Jiren replied by entering a fighting stance which made Minato start to summon several shadow clones. All the clones started running towards Jiren who had a light reflect within his eyes. All the clones were hit by a barrage of invisible ki blasts sent out by Jiren who did not move an inch. Simultaneously the clones are poofed while the real Minato coughed up saliva.

W-What was that?! Jiren lunged forward with his arm cocked until Minato disappeared before his punch could connect. Jiren turned around to see Minato appear where he secretly threw his kunai right after summoning the clones.

Minato was breathing heavily as Jiren calmly stared at him, confused on his teleportation technique. The camera zoomed in revealing a feint bruise on Minato's cheek. He still hit me some how, well he grazed me at least. I can't even use speed to outsmart him, I doubt this idea will work.

Minato sheathed his kunai near his waist before holding his hand out to the side forming a Rasengan in his palm. Jiren lowered his guard making Minato grunt before leaping towards his target.

"Rasengan!" yelled Minato as he tried a full on attack using his signature technique.

Jiren held out his hand shocking Minato who thrusting his ball of wind forward, but Jiren grasped it. How is his hand still intact?! Jiren grunted quietly as he slowly squeezed the Rasengan causing it to eventually explode. The recoil blasted Minato away into the darkness while Jiren simply braced the impact.

Minato collapsed in the bleachers where he coughed which caused Guy to exclaim.

"Oh no, Lord Fourth! Naruto's dad!"

Kakashi chopped Guy in his neck before scolding with a blank expression on his face.

"You're making a scene."

Jiren observed his hand for a moment before walking off with something on his mind. This tournament is coming to an end, but something feels off.

Pain was standing with the other paths surrounding him and they were all staring down Frieza who was smirking. The wind blew Pain's cloak a bit as he lectured.

"You like to have fun with the weak correct? Allow me to cast judgement on you now, in order to show you how insignificant you are in this world."

Frieza chuckled while attempting to cover his mouth.

"You speak if you're some type of God! Well let me rid you of that delusion!"

Frieza pointed his finger forward blasting a red beam at Pain who did not flinch as he allowed Petra to absorb the power blast attack. Holding out both of his hands the path slowly absorbed all the energy. The hell?