Chapter 20: The Man Who Stands Above All

Escanor smiled while Natsu continued to watch him from a reasonable distance. So he can absorb fire and reflect it back at me. That sucks, so the only way to win is to gang up on him. Natsu started running making Escanor sigh, "Ah I see, he finally realized he had no chance against me. Now who's my next victim, I wonder."

  Almost instantly after Escanor finished his sentence Natsu could heard yelling as he came from the air. Natsu had flames wrapped around his leg when he kicked Escanor in his chest. Natsu flipped backwards while shouting, "Okay now!" Escanor looked to his left revealing Erza dashing towards him wielding a sword. Escanor swung his axe forcing Erza to block using her sword but she was still sent flying into the air. Erza preformed a backflip transforming into her 'Heaven's Wheel Armor'.

  Erza lifted one sword summoning several swords in the air. Erza yelled, "Blumendatt!" Erza charged at Escanor clashing with his axe using two of her swords. Erza was swatted aside by Escanor who then quickly deflected each flying sword with his axe. Erza flew into the air while summoning swords around her as she commanded, "Dance my blades. Circle Sword!"

  The swords around Erza began rapidly spinning around her as she slashed the air with a sword. The disc of spinning swords soar towards Escanor who slashed the swords in half. Erza flew towards Escanor who mentioned, "Your attacks have no effect on me, I'd appreciate it if you left." Erza yelled, "I'm not done yet! Trinity Sword!"

  Erza quickly slashed her sword 12 times before dashing past Escanor who was confused. Escanor placed his hand on his chest while chuckling, "I guess that attack was so weak I didn't even feel it. That's too bad." Natsu appeared above Escanor with flames around his fist as he yelled, "We're not done yet! Wahhh!" Natsu attempted to punch Escanor who swung his axe in a quick motion. Natsu grunted as he barely managed to dodge the axe's blade. The wind pressure however sent Natsu flying across the now cracked stage.

  Erza could be heard shouting, "Pentagram Sword!" Erza slashed her sword in the shape of a pentagon causing five swords to fly towards Escanor who slashed his axe. The wind pressure alone was enough to send Erza flying, breaking her armor. Escanor laughed, "Hmph, now that's over and done with-."

Escanor was interrupted by Gray yelling, "Ice-Make: Lance!" Escanor was hit by a lance made out of ice which barely impaled his muscular chest. Gray stated, "Hey you over grown muscle head! If you mess with my friends, you mess with me too. You mess with all of us!"

The lance inside Escanor's chest began to melt as Escanor asked, "Us?" Abruptly Escanor was hit in the face by a steel pole which belonged to the man named Gajeel. Escanor slid backwards a little bit before chuckling, "Ah I see, the people from your universe plan to gang up on me. That's a pretty good plan considering how powerful I am."

  Gajeel, Gray, Natsu And Erza all stood in front of Escanor who taunted then to come at him. Gray yelled? "Ice-Make: Floor!" Gray touches the stage freezing it but when the ice reached Escanor, it melted. Erza changed into her Black Wing Armor before charging at Escanor who blocked her swords with his axe. Erza began rapidly swinging her two swords before Escanor backhanded her away. Gajeel held out his pole arm turning into a series of metal spikes. Escanor allowed the spikes to hit him as he instructed, "I suppose you all are not worthy of my power. I shall end this so you all can go back to your universe."

Escanor held up his hand summoning a big flaming ball which looked like a miniature sun. Escanor gloated, "Take this, Cruel Sun!" Escanor sent the blazing ball of heat at Natsu who caught it with his bare hands, burning his sleeves. Natsu grunted as the intensity of the heat only grew hotter. Escanor commanded, "Followed by, Pride Flare!" The massive ball of heat exploded causing a huge explosion. Escanor chuckled, "Hmm?"

The explosion suddenly began swirling revealing Natsu to be consuming the flames he was hit by. Natsu roared, "NOW I'M FIRED UP!" Natsu was surrounded by flames that rivialed that of Escanor himself. Escanor asked, "That's odd, what just happened?" Erza coughed, "Natsu has the ability to consume his respective element, that being fire. When he does this he gets extremely stronger, so it's safe to say this fight is over for you."

Natsu bellowed at the top of his lungs, "TAKE THIS YOU OVERGROWN JERK! FIRE DRAGON ROARRRRR!" Natsu roared a stream of fire which completely burned the stage as it made its way to Escanor. The flames pushed him all the way to edge of the stage when suddenly he stopped being pushed back. Escanor asked, "He consumed by sun, who decided that?" Natsu fell to his knees, while holding his chest in pain. Escanor asked, "The fight is over for me, who decided that?" Escanor slashed through the dying flames revealing he had grown even bigger making him more muscular and menacing.

  Escanor boasted while holding up another Cruel Sun, "And now for Cruel Sun. I will be the one to decide. Perish." Escanor prepared to throw the blazing sun at Natsu when suddenly Melodias appeared in front of him while shouting, "Full Counter!" Melodias slashed his sword creating a bright flash of light. When the smoke cleared Melodias could be seen standing on the stage wielding his sword.

  Erza gasped, "What did you just do?!" Melodias replied with a blank expression, "Oh hey, I just reflected Escanor's attack right back at him two times harder." Gajeel grunted, "W-What, why? Wasn't he your teammate?!" Melodias answered, "He sure is, but if Escanor were to release that attack on your friend there. He would have died." Erza, Gajeel, Gray and even Natsu all gasped in shock while Melodias laughed, "And killing is against the rules so I took it upon myself to save you guys. But now that Escanor weakened you all, our next plan is in action."

  Suddenly Ban, Estarossa, Gowther and King appeared behind Melodias. Natsu coughed, "What you did to your friend, isn't fair! Overestimating his power and eliminating him ain't right. I won't for forgive you!" Natsu stood up as he stared at Melodias who smirked.

*If you're reading this then it means I am not dead after all. Sorry for the delay in production, I was mentally lost. I just didn't feel like doing anything but then I realized people actually want to see how this ends so yeah I'm back. Do you guys think if Natsu got hit by another Cruel Sun, he'd die? Personally I do that's why I think it was right to put Escanor down. Please vote and comment your opinion. Thanks for being patient.*