Chapter 71: Naruto versus Luffy

Naruto and his clones stared down Luffy who adjusting his footing as their epic showdown was about to commence. Naruto pointed his finger forward commanding his handful of clones to charge towards Luffy who shouted.

"Gum Gum Whip!"

Luffy stretched out his leg in order to kick in a wide circle, forcing all the clones to flip over his attack up into the air. Naruto chuckled.

"My Shadow Clone Justu isn't as immature as it was when I was youn-."

"Alright now, Gum Gum Gatling!" objected Luffy who spun his body back around with both his arms cocked back. Luffy throwing a rapid series of punching which gave off several after images of his stretched out arms. Each clone was popped clean by one of Luffy's fist, filling the air with smoke.

Naruto complimented.

"Hmm, that was a fast attack. I might really have to fight you for real."

Luffy's arms retracted back while he laughed.

"You said that already, no more talking. Let's go! Gum Gum Pistol!"

Luffy quickly extended his arm forward punching Naruto in his stomach making saliva fly out his mouth. But suddenly he poofed while the real Naruto appeared beside the deceased clone, kneeling. Naruto dashed forward kicking Luffy in his chest making him slide backwards a bit. Luffy swung his leg back while also stretching it out before snapping it back, booting Naruto into the air.

While Luffy's leg was extended high up a clone of Naruto appeared in front of him, landing a kick to the gut. Luffy grunted before getting hit with another kick while Naruto fell down, attempting to land an axe kick. Luffy backstepped avoiding Naruto's kick, while the clone flipped over Naruto attempting a split kick.

Luffy blocked the kick but was quickly sweeped off his feet by the real Naruto, entering a slow motion scene. Whoa, he's really good. He's like a real ninja, so cool! The clone placed his hand on Naruto's shoulder allowing him to whip around preparing a spin kick. Using Observation Haki Luffy closed his eyes calmly, allowing him to perform a corkscrew still off balance. The clone's kick missed its mark shocking Naruto greatly.

Luffy grabbed the clone's leg before throwing him into Naruto who tumbled across the ground until the clone poofed. Naruto smirked when he handstand flipped up to his feet before running forward with his hands behind his back. Luffy dodged Naruto's flying kick before applying Armament Haki to his arms in order to block Naruto's kunai slash. Sparks flew once Naruto's blade clashed with Luffy's arm, creating confusion.

Luffy started throwing a few punches at Naruto who dodged each one but his speed quickly picked up with each jab. Naruto was grazed by Luffy's fist making him cross his arms to block the incoming punch. The impact of Luffy punching Naruto broke his guard and caused him to lean back. However Naruto used this to his advantage by leaning back more, attempting a high kick which Luffy barely blocked. Naruto placed his hand on the ground to plant himself for another kick to the gut which Luffy could not defend against.

Naruto spun around on the ground before springing up in order to slash Luffy's arms, making him stumble backwards. Naruto summoned a few more clones and one immediately attempted to flying kick Luffy who ducked before running forward. Luffy dodged a thrown kunai, before punching a clone using his stretched out arm. Naruto tried to Superman punch Luffy who blocked using his forearm before pushing him away. Luffy roundhouse kicked a clone before yelling.

"Gum Gum Rifle!"

Luffy extended his arm backwards extremely far before twisting it around several times, then his arm snapped back. A clone was struck by the impactful blow making him disappear almost instantly. So clones really won't be able to work on this guy, fine. I'll up it up for real this time.