Chapter 44: Borderline Insane?

Killua and Sally were staring at each other with two different expressions on their faces. Killua had the look of man who has just seen his family slaughtered in front of his eyes. Sally, well she was just insane so yeah. Killua had electricity cackling around his body as he stated, "No hard feelings." Sally had a devious smile as she laughed, "Likewise." The pieces of gel suddenly formed back into a salamander, placing Sally inside it again. Killua's fighting stance changed completely as he started to run away. Sally informed, "Oh no you don't!" The salamander began crawling extremely fast in order to chase Killua who was formulating a plan. I can't let that thing touch me or I'll end up like Gon. I can't it because it seems to possess some type of regeneration ability. So I need to strike her and only her without touching the gel. Or killing her. Killua continued to ran as Sally chased him while laughing like a lunatic.

Gon was on the ground still trying to free himself while grunting, "Dammit, I can't get out of this stuff!" Gon's eyes widened greatly as he rolled over to the right avoiding Asta's demon slayer sword. Asta grunted as he smashed the stage creating a dent. Gon asked as he somehow managed to flip onto his feet, "Hey what's your problem, striking a man while he's down. Don't you have any pride?" Asta placed his sword on his shoulder while explaining, "Of course I do, but to miss out on a free elimination like this one would be stupid." Yuno walked up beside Asta while stating, "We're not kind of enough to let you go so I suggest you surrender." Gon was attempting to think about the situation but he was interrupted by Asta yelling, "You took to long now we gotta do it my way!" Asta darted towards Gon who covered his body with a thin coat of white aura. In a split second Gon jumped up placing his feet against the surface of Asta's sword. Gon grunted as he pushed creating enough force to knock Asta back. As Gon was in the air all the aura went to his legs causing the gel to burst into pieces. Gon gasped with a smile on his face, "I did it! Now time for my hand-." Gon was interrupted by getting sent flying by a gust of wind. The wind smashed Gon's body into a broken stage piece destroying it completely. Yuno closed his green glowing Grimoire while instructing, "Asta don't let him free his arms!" Asta nodded his head as Yuno used his wind magic to boost Asta into the air. Asta yelled as he proceeded to come down with a downwards sword slash in the area where Gon had crash landed. Gon dashed away from Asta's ground breaking attack revealing he had several scratches over his body. Asta thrusted his sword at Gon in midair forcing him to kick the blade away. As Gon landed Asta quickly spun around swinging his sword horizontally. Gon gasped, "Gyo!" White aura appeared near Gon's waist a split second before Asta smashed his ribs in. The aura disappeared when Asta's sword touched it causing Gon to take the full force of the blunt blade. Blood sprayed out of Gon's mouth before his body tumbled across the stage like a rag doll. Gon slowly stood up as he began panting heavily. I don't get it, it's like his sword cuts Nen away. Wait a minute! Gon began running towards Asta who was also running towards him. Asta lifted his sword up while shouting, "I'm gonna smash you right through the stage!" Asta swung his sword down causing Gon to lift his arms up confusing Asta greatly. The blade of Asta's demon slayer sword cut right through the gel holding Gon together. Bingo! Gon grunted as he performed a high kick which knocked Asta off his feet. Gon flipped up, kicking Asta in his stomach sending him flying. Asta stabbed his sword into the stage, slowing down his momentum. Asta looked up to see Gon lifting a piece of the stage up with brute strength. Gon flipped the tile up before leaping into the air and shouting as he destroyed the tile with a kick. The tile shattered into pieces of rocks which flew towards Asta who began deflecting incoming debris. Wait this is a diversion, he's gone. I'll read his ki! Asta closed his eyes as he took a deep breath before yelling, "Aha! I found you!" Asta swung his sword at a huge broken tile, slashing it in half revealing Gon who was shocked. Gon started sidestepping all over the place, creating several after images around Asta who continued to focus. Gon dashed from multiple angles before lunging forward throwing a powerful punch. Asta quickly countered by using the surface of his blade to absorb the impact. Gon quickly fell down where he sweeped Asta off his feet. Gon cocked his back before landing a heavy blow on Asta which sent him flying. Yuno created a wall of wind which caught Asta while sighing, "I guess I'll have to do this myself." Gon smiled as he looked up to see Yuno flying on a whirlwind of wind. I hope Killua is okay.

  Killua was still running but now he was avoiding several pieces of floating gel. Sally raved, "Come on, just let me experiment on you!" Killua turned around revealing he had "flipped his switch" entering his Assassin Mode. Sally felt a slight fear in her heart as Killua suddenly appeared right in front of Sally and her moving salamander in slow motion. Killua began whipping his arms around with incredible, fluid speed. Using this technique Killua was able to cleave Sally's salamander to pieces with getting stuck to it. Sally gasped she thrusted her giant needle forward but Killua dodged with ease. Suddenly the needle exploded, spilling a purple substance all over Killua's body. D-dammit! Killua weakly stumbled backwards while asking, "W-what, was that?" Sally cackled, "It was poison! And I got you good, now if you want to live just fall down and I'll give you antidot-!" Sally was interrupted by Killua aggressively kicking Sally in her stomach. Sally's pupils disappeared due to the sudden force applied to her gut causing her to fall on her knees. Sally somehow managed to ask, "H-ho-how'd, y-yo-?" Killua explained in a nonchalant manner, "Yeah, poison doesn't work on me. Sorry." Killua grabbed Sally by her hair then tossed her off the stage causing her to fall into the darkness. Killua sighed, "Welp, that's that. Now where is Gon?"

  *Hey you loyal readers, like I said I think I'm back and I'm glad to be back. We are about to hit 8K reads and it's all thanks to you guys. So let's keep pushing to my goal, 10k. Until then friends 🤟*