Chapter 66: Roses

Kurama could be seen running across the stage with his signature rose in his hand, he was dodging fireballs raining down from above. One explosion pushed him forward and towards the air where he twirled summoning his rose whip. Kurama gracefully whipped at his target which turned out to be Ace who allowed the whip to phase through his fiery body. Even his body is made out of flames?! How strange!

Ace punched the air emitting a flaming fireball at Kurama who performed a backflip in midair, dodging the attack before landing on one knee. Ace landed on his feet while chuckling.

"Your team is pretty low on fighters huh, I'll do you a favor and eliminate you myself!"

Kurama grunted while standing up on his feet, preparing his whip for yet another attack.

"Not much of a favor if I didn't ask for it."

Kurama cracked his whip against a piece of rubble high up from the ground, this caused debris to fall down. Ace cocked his fist back before throwing a punch which sent flames toward destroying the rubble. I see! Kurama spun around whipping his signature weapon through Ace's torso, failing yet again.

Ace roundhouse kicked a flaming wave towards Kurama who barrel rolled out of the way, just barely avoiding the attack. Kurama began running while holding out his hands, firing smoke from his hands. Ace covered his mouth using his forearm before back stepping several times. Huh?!

Ace realized the overflow of rose petals flying around him while Kurama struck a pose, commanding all the petals to begin swirling around the area. Ace looked annoyed as petals went throughout his body, burning among contact. Kurama explained.

"Normal those petals would cut through human flesh, but I see you truly are different."

Ace whipped his arms around, creating a circular disc of fire which burned all the petals around him while chuckling.

"Yeah I'm not so normal!"

Ace made finger guns before blasting pellets of fire at Kurama who dashed away, avoiding the small projectiles the best he could. Nothing in my arsenal can truly hurt him, this is bad. Ace was running forward while shouting.

"Haze Heat!"

Ace held out his hand, shooting a stream of fire from his palm forcing Kurama to jump high up in the air.

"Fire Fist!" yelled Ace when his fist ignited on fire before he threw a punch, emitting a column of fire. The wild flames struck Kurama who blocked with his arms crossed but his clothes were burnt badly. Unghh! With his arms smoking, Kurama descended down while gritting his teeth.

As soon as Kurama landed, Ace raised his arm up in the air while bellowing loudly.

"Flame Commandment!"

A mass amount of fire was summoned around Ace in the style of a circle, Kurama was a good distance away so he didn't seem concerned. Unfortunately . . . he was wrong.

More flames began spiraling around Ace as he opened his raised hand conjuring a gigantic fireball above his head. Kurama stood tall with clear worry in his eyes. Not good!

Ace smirked when he scoffed in a confident manner.

"Just because you didn't ask doesn't mean . . . YOU DIDN'T NEED IT!"

Ace shouted when he leaned forward in order to chuck the huge fireball at Kurama who's eyes widened when he held out his hands. The light from the incoming attack showed on Kurama's face when suddenly he noticed a blue sparkle from afar. Oh I see!

Kurama put his hands down while a blue sphere shot through Ace's fireball causing it to explode, sputtering flames all over. Ace looked shocked when he looked towards the area in which the attack came from.

The camera zoomed in on Genkai who was kneeling on a rock with her smoking finger aimed forward. Genkai stood up before flipping off the rock then she stated.

"You must be that idiot's brother, you're just a weird as him."

Ace gritted his teeth when he cocked his arm back until Kurama's whip phased through his head. Kurama laughed while running around as Genkai was quickly approaching.

"After careful observation, me and Genkai have devised a successful plan to defeat you."

Ace started chasing after Kurama but was quickly interrupted by a small blue sphere phasing through his stomach. Genkai held out her hands while shouting.

"SPIRIT WAVE!"

A mass amount of blue energy shot out at point blank range, enveloping Ace's entire body within the attack range. Oh crap! Ace tensed up causing his body to emit flames to counter Genkai's spirit energy. Without enough time to prepare his fire, Ace was being overwhelmed by Genkai. I get it now, an attack with this much range and power behind it isnt possible to phase through! My body was split apart and might not be able to reconstruct! She's trying to force me into my normal state!

Ace looked insane when he roared in defiance shocking Genkai who was straining.

"I WON'T BURN OUT!"

The flames that were only protecting Ace before began spiraling out of control, pushing back Genkai's initial attack. Just as I predicted!

Genkai took a deep breath before stepping forward and palming both of her bare hands into Ace's stomach. As a result her hands were instantly burnt making Ace smile but it quickly turned to a face of perplexity.

"Fine, you don't need to burn out! I'll just extinguish you with my own hands!"

Genkai's body became decades younger giving her a smooth skin complexion and her hair became a brighter pink.

"SPIRIT REFLECTION BLAST!"

Genkai's eyes glowed white when she abruptly pulled her arms out of Ace's stomach, siphoning all of his flames into her own aura. M-my flames, they're being absorbed! If she keeps going-! Ace groaned when he forced himself to become tangible and the second he did that Genkai motioned her hands in a circular motion.

Genkai double palmed Ace in his chest releasing what appeared to be an endless stream of his own flames right back at him. This attack replayed three different times from three different angles before Ace's smoking body was sent flying off the stage and into the darkness.

Genkai returned to her normal elder state before observing her burnt hands while Kurama approached her while asking.

"Are you okay?"

Genkai sighed in response.

"I'll be fine, I can just heal my hands. Let's recover for now, if we want to win this thing we're gonna have to let everyone fight each other."

Kurama nodded his head in agreement before the two disappeared from thin air. Now 24 fighters remain in this tournament.

Author's Note

Yooooo, guess who's back. So much research was put into this chapter which I took all day to make. Improv is my best talent I'll tell you. My birthday in quarantine was cool fr, and once I saw we was at 40K I realized I had to show some love. And now I'm motivated to finish this book.m, put a end to this hiatus. No promises but just know I'll be trying a look harder. Seen you guys soon . . hopefully.