Chapter 12: Clash of Swords

Kenpachi drew his Zanpakutō, Nozarashi causing Zoro to grab all three of his swords. Kenpachi laughed, "Hmm, three sword style huh? I've never seen that one before, I hope it's worth while." Zoro instructed, "I won't hold back!" Zenpachi taunted, "Then stop talking and show me already!"

  Zoro grunted as he positioned all three of his swords for his attack, "Three Swords Style: Oni Giri!" Zoro dashes past Kenpachi in a instant causing three slashes to appear on his chest, spilling blood on the stage. Zoro asked, "Not so tough now huh-?" Kenpachi was laughing making Zoro stop mid sentence as he lowered his blades. Kenpachi chuckled, "That was great, I let you strike me on purpose to see how powerful this three swords style really is. It's not all that but I can say it's different. My turn!"

  Kenpachi was surrounded with golden spiritual pressure shaped like an extremely large pillar. Kenpachi swung his sword down hitting the stage sending a golden shockwave towards Zoro who gasped, "Three Swords Style: 1080 Pound Phoenix!" Zoro spun around slashing three blue waves at Kenpachi's shockwave attack but it was no use. The golden wave continued moving forward without delay making Zoro's eye widen in fear. A huge field of smoke covered half the stage making everyone temporarily stop fighting.

  Kenpachi sighed, "Oops, I just I should've held back on the poor guy." When the smoke cleared Zoro could be seen on the edge of the stage. All three of his swords were coated in black Armament Haki as he breathed heavily. Blood dropped onto the stage from Zoro's head causing Luffy to shout, "ZORO! You okay?!" Zoro breathes heavily, "Of course, I just didn't expect him to be so strong. I see this isn't a battle of technique, it's just raw strength." Zoro sheathed the sword in his mouth in his sach as he thought to himself. This isn't good, this guy is from a universe who's fighters consist mainly of swordsmen. Everyone else lacks in that department, if I get knocked of now my team could be in jeopardy. Zoro began running towards Kenpachi who was smirking until Byakuya asked, "Don't waste your time on him, we have an advantage that not everyone has. I won't let that slip through our hands, do you hear me Kenpachi?" Kenpachi sighed, "No not really, I just want to have some fun. I'm not here for victory just a challenge, and I think I found one."

  Zoro slashed both his swords at Kenpachi who blocked them both with his Zanpakutō with ease. Zoro spun around slashing his swords behind clashing against Kenpachi's sword strike from behind. Kenpachi laughed, "Hmph, you're fast and strong! This is great!" Kenpachi thrusted his sword forcing Zoro to cross his swords that were still covered in Armament Haki. A gust of wind bursted around the two swordsmen, slightly cracking the stage. Zoro was grunting attempting to hold Kenpachi in place but his strength was unreal. He's so strong! Even when I cut him he was literally unfazed, he's insane-! Zoro coughed up blood as he was suddenly punched in his stomach sending him flying.

  Kenpachi instructed, "Hey you're thinking too much, just go with the flow. Even if you're opponent is stronger that's still no excuse. You have to break through your limits! If you can't do that. . ." Kenpachi appeared behind Zoro who was tumbling like a rag doll before he booted him into air. Kenpachi appeared above Zoro preparing to swing his sword down as he continued, "Then you don't deserve to be my opponent, let alone this tournament."

  Kenpachi swung his sword down but was surprised when Zoro maneuvered his Zanpakutō using one of his two swords. Zoro spun around quickly slashing Kenpachi's cheek causing a small amount of blood to spray out. Zoro chuckled, "Thanks for the wake up call, I needed that. I promise I won't disappoint." Kenpachi laughed, "Good, now I won't feel bad when I knock you off."

  While Zoro and Kenpachi were falling down they were clashing swords sending sparks flying everywhere. When they landed Zoro yelled, "Go back up, Three Swords Style: Black Rope Dragon Twister!" When did he grab the third sword? Zoro jumped up spinning around before landing in front of Kenpachi summoning a fierce tornado of wind. Kenpachi slashed his Zanpakutō, cutting the tornado in half disrupting the winds. Zoro was greatly confused by such a display of strength but that didn't distract him from the task at hand.