Chapter 28: Hands of the Buddha

Netero commanded, "100-Type Guanyin Bodhisattva!" Goku gasped as Netero hand his look like the number 99 when he said, "Ninety-Ninth Hand." The giant Buddha statue began rapidly palming the air before eventually hitting Goku with a golden hand. Goku grunted as he was pushed backwards and the stage was cracking under pressure. Goku's foot cracked through the stage making him gasp as he was squashed by the golden hand. Then suddenly the hands began rapidly palming Goku deeper into the stage. Netero put his hands to his side as the statue lifted itself back up. There was smoke everywhere but when it cleared Goku could be seen kneeling in his Super Saiyan Blue form. Netero chuckled, "Heh, heh. I longed to fight you one day and now I can really go all out!" Netero put his hands together causing the Buddha statue to shine a golden light. Netero swiped his right hand across the air causing his statue to do the same. Goku was smacked by a golden hand which pushed Goku across the stage. Goku grunted as he attempted to push the hand away but it was useless. Goku began rolling across the stage which was breaking into due to the golden hand. Goku groaned as the hand swiped Goku away causing him to fly through rocks. Goku collasped onto the stage with his gi uniform badly ripped. Goku was breathing heavily while Netero lectured, "You think I don't understand your plan but I've seen right through it." Netero moved his left hand down causing a golden hand to attempt to strike Vegeta who flew out of harms way. Vegeta grunted, "Damn, I was just about to charge my Final Flash too. This isn't good." Goku was suddenly crushed in between two golden hands as Netero explained, "Even if I do not eliminate you, exhausted your infinite stamina is a great help to my universe." Goku slowly created an opening in the two hands he was being crushed by. Vegeta sprayed a series of ki blast at Netero who appeared behind Vegeta in an instant. Vegeta's eyes widened when suddenly he was smacked by a golden hand. Vegeta flew far away before stopping himself in mid air. Damn, he's fast! Vegeta flew towards Netero chopped his hand forcing Vegeta to dodge a giant golden hand. Goku used instant transmission to appear in front of Netero, preparing a kick. Netero lifted his hand, causing Goku to get uppercutted by a golden hand. Goku stopped in mid air about to fire a Kamehameha when suddenly a golden hand was swinging at him. Jiren palmed the golden hand away with a red ki blast in his hand. Goku gasped while Jiren flew towards Netero who laughed, "But you were the opponent I wished to fight to death!"

Several golden hands began attempting to strike Jiren who dodged ever so gracefully. Jiren was about to punch Netero when suddenly a golden hand swatted him away. Jiren was sent flying but he leaped off a rock which exploded after he took off. Jiren began repeating this process, getting swatted away and coming straight back for more. Jiren leaped foward when a golden hand was coming his way. Jiren created an invisible ki barrier which stopped the golden hand from hitting him. Jiren took this rare opportunity to kick Netero to the stage. Netero tumbled until he rolled up to his feet while Jiren landed on the stage. Netero chuckled, "That kick packed quite a punch, I guess I can really show off heh heh!" Jiren charged with red aura around his body while Netero covered his body in a golden aura. Netero and Jiren flew into the air as their aura trailed behind them. Netero got into his praying stance while simultaneously flying at the same time, summoning his Bodhisattva. Several golden hands attempted to strike Jiren who flew past each and every one. Explosions were occurring all over the sky as Jiren barely avoided each flying hand. Jiren sprayed ki blast at a incoming golden hand before flipping past another one. Jiren began flying in a zig zag pattern avoiding multiple hands at once. Netero gasped when suddenly he dodged a punch from Jiren who was extremely close. Jiren widened his eyes sending invisible ki blast at Netero who could not block such an attack. Netero crash landed on the stage while Jiren descended on the stage. As soon as Jiren's feet touched the stage he had fallen into Netero's trap. Jiren gasped when suddenly Netero's Bodhisattva appeared behind him. Before Jiren could even react two golden hands scooped him up in it's hands ever so gently. Netero explained, "Hmph, hopefully this doesn't kill you. If it does I do apologize, Zero Hand!" The golden hands lifted Jiren towards the staute's mouth which was opening wider and wider. Netero lifted his hand in a complex way with his middle finger sticking up. The Bodhisattva fired a massive white beam of light directly at it's hands holding Jiren. The beam devoured the stage as a huge explosion occurred.

When the smoke cleared Netero could be seen on his knees, breathing heavily. Netero gasped he could hear footsteps approaching him. It was Jiren but he was far from okay. The top part of his uniform was ripped and burnt off and he had several wounds all over his body. Netero laughed, "Hmm, not even the Zero Hand couldn't stop you huh? Welp that was to be expected, heh. I'd try another technique but I'd surely die. Do you worst, Jiren." Jiren looked at Netero before blasting a ki blast right in front of him sending Netero into the darkness. Netero collasped in the bleachers while Jiren breathed heavily. Goku appeared next to Jiren before asking, "Are you okay?" Jiren nodded his head before looking forward revealing all the fighters who stood against him. Jiren asked, "Are you ready Goku?" Goku panted, "Yeah, let's do this!"

*Hey you loyal readers, the grind doesn't stop until Monday baby. I'm really trying to hit 4K so I'm actually putting forth the effort. The research for Netero was actually cool to study, I wish he didn't 😵. He could've showed us different techniques but it's okay I guess. So who do you think is going to win this tournament? Tell me in the comments and don't forget to vote. Peace ✌️*