Chapter 50: Halfway Mark

The pillar in the middle of the stage dropped down another layer making Gremlin laugh, "Ohohoho, hmm. It appears that 24 of the 48 minutes have passed. I should probably announce this to our dear fighters." Gremlin cleared his throat before announcing in a loud voice, "The Anime Tournament of Power is now halfway over." Gremlin raised his hand causing the color of the void to change into a more greenish tone. Although the change of scenery was very ominous and dramatic the fighters were too distracted by what was ahead of them.

Hit was sidestepping backwards while Gon followed in quick pursuit. Gon leaped up with his leg positioned for a kick but Hit tapped his cheek. A purple shockwave went through Gon's head making him fall on his back. Gon kicked right back up to his feet, attempting to punch Hit who performed the same technique sending a purple shockwave through Gon's chest. Gon coughed up spit as he stumbled backwards allowing Hit to sigh, "Just because you're a kid doesn't mean I'll hold back." Gon held his chest tightly as he chuckled, "Good to hear!" Gon dashed towards Hit who held up his guard but Gon retreated quickly before moving around, creating several after images. Hit put his hands back in his pockets making Gon pivot his foot, turning his body. Now! Gon threw a punch at Hit who appeared behind Gon, kicking him in his waist. Gon groaned as his body tumbled across the stage before he quickly leaped back to his feet. Unfortunately Hit was already moving towards him with his guard up. So fast! Hit punched a purple shockwave through Gon's head before striking Gon in his neck using his knuckles. Hit began punching Gon so fast that several shining purple lights were blowing through Gon's stumbling body. He's faster than I could ever imagine! Hit proceeded to throw a punch that Gon prepared to block but Hit suddenly struck Gon from behind. Gon was forced to put his hands on his knees before whipping around to kick Hit dodged by leaning. Hit then counter attacked by striking Gon in his chin sending him flying. Gon crashed into a wall where he began panting heavily as Hit stood there unbothered. Gon popped his body out of the wall before surrounded his body with an intense coat of orange Nen. Gon squatted down while holding his fist which was emitting a bright light and power which blew gust of winds around him. In response, Hit placed his hands in his pockets once again. Gon yelled, "Rock! Pape-!" Gon was suddenly struck by Hit's punch which sent a shockwave through Gon stomach, sending him tumbling once again. But this time Gon slid across the stage until his body came to a stop causing him to slowly struggle to stand up.

  Hit mentioned, "Do you understand the situation you're in right now? Surrender." Gon grunted, "N-no, there's no way I'll just quit. I'll stop when body can no longer move! Ungh!" Gon's speech was interrupted by blood leaking out of his mouth forcing him to stop talking and start breathing heavily. I didn't even land one blow. Gon stood upright where he spat blood on the stage while formulating a plan in his head. Hit asked, "This is a tournament, not a school test. Stop thinking and attack me already." Gon gasped as his body moved on it's own, running towards Hit who closed his eyes in disappointment. Gon jumped up with his fist cocked back when suddenly Hit struck Gon in his stomach. Literally punching the spit out of Gon's mouth but he did the unpredictable. Gon grabbed Hit's wrist while shouting, "Rock! Paper! Roc-!" Hit slammed his fist further into Gon's stomach making his body shake and tremble as purple light particles went through his body. Gon loss consciousness as he collapsed face first onto the stage. Hit shook his head before he punted Gon off the stage, placing Gon in the bleachers. For a kid his age, he wasn't half bad.

  Goku was standing in his usual fighting stance as Jed was standing in front of him, surrounded in dark blue Nen. Jed stated, "Nothing personal Goku but, I'm afraid I can't allow you to reach full capacity again. Again, nothing personal." Goku chuckled, "Heh, likewise." Jed cackled, "Good!" Jed leaped up into the air attempting to stomp on Goku who did a backflip. Jed stomped on the stage which cracked as a result while Goku landed on his feet. He's wide open! Goku dashed forward, throwing a punch at Jed who tried to dodge but he was a half a second too late. The knuckles of Goku's fist skimmed his cheek, shedding blue blood. Goku leaped backwards out of instinct making Jed smirk. This guy's blood has this nasty vibe. I should be careful. Goku threw a punch that Jed blocked before multiple punching Goku who continued to block. Jed kicked Goku away but luckily the Saiyan blocked using his knee. Goku slid across the stage as Jed's Nen grew more fierce. Jed dashed forward, attempting to chop Goku who caught his hand before kicking him backwards. Goku jumped forward, kicking Jed in his head before landing on the stage. Goku punched Jed in his forearm before high kicking him in his chin. Jed spun around kicking Goku in his chest before they began trading heavy blows. Jed threw a punch causing Goku to preform a shoulder throw, tossing Jed into the air. Goku held a blue ki blast in his hand as he jumped up  towards Jed who's Nen intensified even more. Goku yelled as he palmed his ki blast at Jed causing an explosion. As the smoke fell Goku and Jed jumped out the smoke from opposite sides.

  Jed asked, "You don't mind if I power up do you?" Goku transformed into Super Saiyan 1 before replying, "Go ahead, I'll put some power into too." Jed smirked as he put his hands together summoning Rakshasa, a gigantic woman creeping behind him. The Rakshasa fired a purple beam from it's mouth causing Goku to leap backwards. The beam created a crater in the stage making Goku gasped as he noticed that was only the beginning. The demonic lady began firing multiple purple blast from it's mouth causing Goku to power up before flying around. Goku grunted as he dodged blast by flying in a zig zag pattern leaving a yellow trail behind him. The Rakshasa began palming the air blasting black claws at Goku who began performing a series of backflips before flying forward. Jed scowled, "Curse you! Stay back!" Goku yelled as he flying punched Jed in his stomach causing him to cough up purple blood. The Rakshasa screamed as it turned blue before shattering into pieces. Goku followed through with his punch knocking Jed off the stage, into the darkness. Goku went back into his base form when suddenly his heart thumped, skipping a beat. Goku fell on one knee while holding his chest as blue veins appeared on his face. Goku grunted as his eyes changed into a dark red color with yellow pupils. Veins began growing on Goku's wrist as well making him groan, "Ungh! What the hell is going on?!" Hisoka appeared behind Goku while answering, "Jed, the one you just eliminated carried blood that can cause a victim to acquire On. And now you're experiencing the side effects, but don't worry. I'll end all your pain heh heh heh!" Dammit, it must've gotten on me when I punched him. I knew that blood was nasty! Goku grunted as Hisoka continued to laugh like a maniac. Crap, this isn't good! This isn't good at all!

*Hey you loyal readers, we're almost at the golden stage of achievement. We are almost at 10K reads for ATOP, again thank all who's contributed their beautiful eyes. Gotta go eat dinner! Until then!*