Chapter 76: Helping Hand

Vegeta was standing on a floating stage piece while looking down at Meliodias who didn't have his curse mark activated at the moment. Vegeta had a scowl look in his eyes when he scoffed.

"You're looking at me as if you want to fight."

Meliodias sheathed his sword while smiling as he responded.

"I'm trying to rack up my eliminations for the end count. So when I win it'll be extra cool."

Vegeta clenched his fists when he insulted.

"What do you think you this tournament is, a joke? We're being given an opportunity to prove our worth throughout several universes. A chance to show everyone that your universe reigns supreme."

Vegeta started slowly squatting as rocks started to begin floating upwards which made Meliodias raise an eyebrow. He's still this strong? Vegeta looked furious when he fumed.

"What your friend pulled on Jiren was the most cowardly action I've ever seen anyone take! Let me teach you a thing or two about pride."

Vegeta lunged down at Meliodias who's eyes widened in shock when he was forced to cross both of his arms. He's fast! Vegeta threw a powerful punch which collided with Meliodias's arms, creating a shockwave. Meliodias was sent flying backwards until he flipped onto his feet.

Vegeta was blasting a rapid barrage of ki blasts to at Meliodias who was dodging while repeatedly backsteppping. Meliodias twirl kicked one into the distance when suddenly Vegeta appeared in front of him.

"If you wanted Kakarot out of the tournament then you should've done it by yourself! But all of you tried to eliminate him in a feeble attempt together. You reminded me of those damned dogs from our ninth universe."

Vegeta uppercutted Meliodias up into the air before flying up after his body while shouting.

"You're all pathetic!"

Vegeta axe handled Meliodias directly in his back, sending his body through a sound barrier before he crashed into the stage. Meliodias shook his head as he pushed a few rocks off of him. But Vegeta was relentless as he smashed Meliodias deeper into the stage with punch spike.

Vegeta flipped backwards where he started flaring up a yellow aura until Byakuya appeared in front of him. Meliodias could be heard climbing out of the hole while Vegeta grunted.

"What the hell are you doing you long haired bastard?!"

Byakuya's hair blew in the wind as he responded calmly while readying his Zanpaktō.

"As I stated before, I am putting the rest of my energy in protecting members of your team. Although it seems you've recovered some of your strength, it's be better to get it all back. Wasting your time with him will prove meaningless."

Vegeta gritted his teeth when he argued.

"Are you an idiot?! I don't need your stupid help."

Byakuya started walking forward while mumbling.

"I know you don't. But I'm giving you it anyway."

Vegeta looked confused as Byakuya slashed his sword while commanding, while Meliodias jumped out of the hole with his curse mark on his forehead.