Chapter 72: Undeniable Speed

Genkai was standing in a strong fighting stance eyeing around her surroundings when suddenly a familiar three pronged kunai was thrown towards her. She dodged in slow motion while Minato appeared in the kunai's place. He seems to be teleporting with the use of that damned blade, interesting.

Genkai ducked underneath Minato's twirling kick before throwing a quick jab as a counter attack. Minato dodged the fast punch from the elder woman before performing a handspring backwards. Genkai stayed on the offensive by charging him with a flurry of punches and kicks. Minato was able to block and avoid all her attacks but he was going backwards more than he wanted to.

Minato slashed his kunai at Genkai who used both her hands to clasp the blade just before it spilt her head in two. Genkai maneuvered the kunai downwards before kicking Minato in his chest. Minato slid across the ground while Genkai pointed a finger gun at him, charging up a blue sphere.

"Spirit Gun!"

Genkai fired a large blue sphere at close range causing an explosion which blew her away as well. Genkai uncrossed her arms while looking closely at the smokescreen, and the flying debris. Hmm, I missed. But I don't see him anywhere.

Suddenly Minato's seal mark glowed on Genkai's fist allowing him to appear out of thin air, right above her. Damn, so it wasn't just the kunai?! Minato raised his hand summoning a Rasengan causing Genkai to hold out her hand, generating a spirit wave. However her timing wasn't fast enough, the blue spiritual energy clashed against Minato's ball of wind but not for long. Genkai gritted her teeth as an explosion of wind sent her flying into the darkness.

Genkai appeared in the bleachers sitting down calmly while Yusuke insulted.

"Wow Grandma, I thought for sure you were gonna bring us the dub. Guess you're just getting too old for this type of stuff-."

A stress mark appeared on Yusuke's forehead when Genkai chopped him in neck before sighing.

"Shut your mouth, you're hurting my ears with your blubbering mouth. Anyone have a water, I'm parched."

Goku was running while doing flips in between avoiding flying fireballs that were blowing holes in the stage. Merlin was the one swiping the flaming spheres from her hands, while hovering over the ground. Goku landed on one knee before swatting away one of the fireballs, which exploded in the distance behind him. Merlin did a little spin before pointing her finger up above while calling out.

"Aport!"

Goku looked up to see a giant broken stage piece falling down, but it came out of no where shocking him for only a split second. After cleanchi g his fist tightly, Goku uppercutted the air sending a shockwave straight through the boulder like rock. Several bits were flying all over as Goku chuckled.

"Even though I'm a bit injured, it'll be a bit harder to eliminate me than dropping rocks on me."

Merlin smiled when she laughed.

"Hmm, I figured as much. Let's try Firestorm!"

Merlin palmed the air sending a powerful blast of sputtering flames that Goku sidestepped away from. Goku blasted a ki blast towards Merlin who snapped when she scoffed.

"Absolute Cancel!"

The golden ki blast disappeared before it had a chance to hit Merlin who then gasped when she jumped out of the way of a throned whip, which scratched the stage. Merlin was levitating in midair looking at the whip which returned to no other than Kurama. Not good, another member of the helping hands crew.