Chapter 53: Downfall

Jiren gripped his head out of sheer frustration as Gowther stood in front of him. Jiren grunted with rage in his voice.

"H-how could I be so blind? The ones I was looking for so long, were standing in front of me the very day of the tournament. T-they used me and I played right into their hands! Has everything I've done until now been for nothing?!"

Jiren clenched his fist tightly causing rocks to levitate around him, even the ground he was standing on cracked under pressure. Jiren roared loudly, releasing a burning aura around pushing Gowther away. The heat was so intense that the top half of his precious uniform was burnt away, revealing his muscular pectorals. The storm of energy was burning even up to the stands as Jiren continued to powerup. The streams of fire exploded across the stage, destroying chunks of the fighting arena. Jiren was consumed by the flames he created causing everything around him to catch on fire. Walking through the fire with a red aura around his body and he was nowhere near happy.

Meliodias sighed as he sat down.

"And now, we wait for Jiren to eliminate all of his fellow "teammates". After that, he'll be tuckered out and that's when he strike. A perfect plan for the victory I seek to claim."

Sasuke asked, "What if he kills them?"

Ban laughed.

"The rules are if you kill someone your universe will be erased, and sense it's his home universe it's a win-win!"

Byakuya suddenly remarked.

"This plan will backfire on you."

Meliodias asked.

"How's that?"

Byakuya closed his eyes as he sighed.

"You'll soon see. Your selfish desires will be your universe's end."

MMeliodias put his hands behind his head while laughing.

"If you say so man."

17 pulled the last throwing card out of Goku's body while sighing.

"And, done!"

Goku groaned as he sat up.

"Unghh, thanks 17. I really do owe you one."

17 stood up while explaining.

"No need to thank me. Hmm, that's odd. Everything seems to be on fire, what's going on down up there?"

Goku grunted.

"Call me crazy but this energy feels like Jiren's. Who could be that strong that they'd force Jiren to go all out?"

17 threw his hands up in confusion while chuckling.

"Whoever it is, I wish them great luck."

Vegeta and Sensui were just staring at each other as everything around them burned away. Vegeta mentioned.

"What a fitting place to end you, don't you think?"

Sensui simply smiled in response to such a rhetorical question. Both Vegeta and Sensui's attention was grabbed by Jiren slowly approaching them. Jiren? What could he be doing here? Vegeta instructed.

"I'm fine Jiren, I don't need your help."

Jiren mumbled.

"You helped Son Goku kill my parents. I'll never forgive you."