Chapter 59: Heroic Stand

The stands were strangely quiet having nearly half of the universes being gone. All that were left was Naruto, Dragon Ball, Bleach, YuYu Hakusho, One Piece, Seven Deadly Sins, Soul Eater and One Punch Man. With fighters narrowing down, deciding who would win was becoming difficult.

Caulifla's eye twitched as few times while she scratched her head, attempting to figure out what was going on.

"Wait so let me get this straight. Frieza is still in, I thought he got eliminated like minutes ago. Was he hiding?" asked Caulifla.

"Who cares? As long as we have another fighter that means Jiren can have some assistance." mentioned No.18 with her arms crossed over her chest.

"But it's Frieza. I don't know him that well but from what I've seen from the last Tournament of Power I don't believe he can be trusted. He only fights the fights he knows he can win. And right now it's not looking good." muttered Hit who watched explosions occur over the stage.

Gohan clenched his pant leg as he was starting to lose hope in his team. The frustration on his face could be seen as he watched Saitama gently set Goku and Vegeta up against a boulder. C'mon Dad. You always find a way to break through your limits and surpass any situation at hand. Use Ultra Instinct or maybe a new form. Just do something so that we can go home and claim victory as the strongest universe ever. I believe in you dad, just believe in yourself now.

Saitama wiped sweat off of his forehead as he panted, "Oh wow, all that running around has got me tired."

Goku has one eye closed due to the excruciating pain throbbing throughout his face as he grunted, "Why are you helping us? Aren't you the last standing of your universe? If you stand against everyone you won't win and then your universe will also lose."

Vegeta held his arm as he groaned, "I hate to admit it but Kakarot is right. You won't stand a chance. There's too many of them."

A gust of wind blew Saitama's cape a little bit while he explained, "Well. It's simple really. I already told you. I just to fight Jiren but I can't do it with all these people ganging up on him. So here's the plan! I'm gonna take down everyone who comes after you guys. And in the meanwhile you guys can recover your strength."

Vegeta questioned, "Okay what happens if some miracle happens and you actually beat everyone. Then what? What will you do when you have to face Jiren and us with a limited reserve of power. Then what will you do?"

With a short pause Saitama cracked a smile before he remarked, "Then I'll punch you too."

Saitama was startled by the ground underneath him which was starting to crack making him quickly leap backwards. An elongated hand broke through the ground, attempting to grab Saitama who escaped just in time. The hand pulled up the body onto the surface, revealing it to be Toguro the younger brother. He had a grin on his face as he cackled with a sadistic tone of voice.

"You're a fool to help those foolish Saiyans and now you will atone by-!"

Saitama yawned as he stuck his finger in his ear trying to unclog a mysterious itch.

"Hey man, I don't mean to be rude or anything but can we cut the monologue and skip to the fighting?"

Toguro looked astonished for a moment until he muttered quietly under his breath.

"Fine."

Saitama's eyes widened when suddenly Karasu appeared behind him, swooping his hand across the ground. Saitama tried to leap away in slow motion but the camera zoomed in on the air revealing particles of the air exploding. Saitama was sent flying from the new explosion making him grunt as he flipped back to his feet. What was that? Karasu leaped off the boulder attempting to touch Saitama with his hand but luckily he dodged. Karasu spun around swiping his hand but Saitama ducked underneath the reach of his touch. Saitama leaped backwards with a few hops but Karasu was hot on his trail as his cape blew in the wind. Oh okay I get it now!