Chapter 41: A Careless Mistake

Mifune had a drop of sweat drip from his face making Byakuya ask, "Are you afraid samurai?" Mifune answered, "To be honest, yes. Your speed is impressive, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up." Byakuya remarked, "Okay, then your fear is a reasonable one. Prepare yourself samurai."

Mifune lifted his sword revealing Byakuya was already behind him, slowly unsheathing his Zanpakuto. He's fast! Mifune quickly clashed against Byakuya who had a blank expression as they struggled. Mifune leaped back but while in mid air he was able to strike a sword towards Byakuya. The flying sword was deflected into the air by a simple slash from Byakuya's Zanpakuto. Three swords landed in front of Byakuya who stared at the swords in a calm manner. Mifune sweeped the swords upwards while yelling, "Fang Shot!" forcing Byakuya to deflect the swords. Mifune grunted as he hit the deflected swords forward, "One! Two! Three!" Byakuya easily dodged each sword with precision making Mifune scowl. He's able to dodge my Fang Shot with minimal effort. Mifune spun around, swinging his sword that Byakuya knocked up into the air. In that same motion Mifune grabbed another sword which he used to thrust forward. Byakuya dodged the blade allowing him to thrust his Zanpakuto forward. Mifune grunted as he was grazed across his cheek making him tumble back. As Mifune was tumbling he threw a sword at Byakuya who deflected the sword while admitting, "For a human you've got some skill, but it's not enough to beat me. Senka"

  Byakuya appeared behind Mifune, quickly striking his back twice causing him to cough up blood. Mifune was stumbling to stand on his feet as Byakuya stood there unfazed. Now! Mifune quickly kicked the hilt of a sword, swinging it at Byakuya who dodged accordingly. Mifune grabbed two swords before leaping into the air while yelling, "Three Paths Shot!" Mifune threw the swords in a path towards Byakuya who continued to stare him down. Mifune began running across the hilts of the swords before picking up a sword to slash at Byakuya. Mifune grunted as he missed due to Byakuya dodging. I can't hit him, and he's only hit me once. What is he planning?! Mifune began rapidly swinging his sword causing Byakuya to causally clash using his Zanpakuto extremely fast. Sparks were flying as Mifune mumbled, "It's time to strike! Infinite Sword Style. . .Plus One Sword!" Mifune struck Byakuya who blocked holding his Zanpakuto horizontally. Mifune grabbed another sword which he used to strike Byakuya while yelling, "Two Swords!" Mifune slashed Byakuya in his shoulder while shouting, "Three Swords!" Swords could be seen striking Byakuya as Mifune yelled, "Four Swords! Five Swords! Six Swords!" Byakuya looked unfazed as Mifune struck him while stating, "Seven Swords!" The tips of blades could be seen piling up while Mifune noted, "Eight! Nine! Ten! Eleven!" Mifune could be seen dashing towards the sword stricken Byakuya wielding a blade at his waist. Mifune dashed past Byakuya striking him with the twelfth sword, lifting him off his feet. Mifune slid across the stage while picking up a katana, lifting it above his head before bellowing, "Multiplication!" Mifune began quickly slashing the blades stuck in Byakuya causing them to begin glowing. Mifune held his sword as he concluded, "Twenty-four Swords!" The glowing swords abruptly bursted away from Byakuya's body making him fall face first on the stage.

  Mifune was breathing heavily as he thought to himself. I didn't hold back with that technique, he should be done for goo-. Mifune's eyes widened when he heard Byakuya commanding, "Scatter." Byakuya was standing on his feet holding his Zanpakuto which glowed pink before separating into a thousand slender blade fragments. The hilt was the only thing left in Byakuya's hand as the fragments twirled around him. Mifune was in utter shock as he gasped, "H-how are you standing, where are your wounds?!" Byakuya explained, "Simple, I used an after image to make it seem like you were striking me. Every time you struck I simply deflected your blade using my Zanpakuto. You were afraid that if you didn't end me it wouldn't end well so you lost focus at the task at hand. A careless mistake that I hope you'll think about in the bleachers." Byakuya twirled the hilt around in front of him sending the tiny pink blades in the form of a tornado towards Mifune. He's right, if I had focused I could have easily realized my attacks weren't hitting. A careless mistake indeed.

  Mifune's body was lifted into the air, in slow motion by the tiny blades that looked like rose pedals. Several small cuts appeared over his body, spilling blood everywhere as his body moved like a rag doll. Mifune's pupils disappeared as he fell off the stage, into the darkness. Mifune collasped in the bleachers on his back unconscious as Byakuya returned his Zanpakuto back to normal. Hmm, the swordsmen population is dropping. This is good, that way we'll be about to defeat everyone without anyone stopping us. Byakuya sheathed his Zanpakuto before turning around in order to walk without a destination.

  Z (Zepher) was weakly standing on his two feet holding his mechanical arm breathing heavily. Hit was standing not to far away from him with his hands in his pockets. Hit scoffed, "Give it up, you can't beat me." Z panted, "I'll be the judge of that, arghhhhh!" Z lunged towards Hit who suddenly appeared in front of Z, punching him in his stomach. Purple light particles were flying through Z's back when suddenly he used his giant arm to grab Hit's wrist. Hit looked startled as Z coughed, "Heh, I got you right where I want you-!" Z was interrupted by Hit slamming his fist deeper into Z's stomach. Z groaned as he stumbled backwards holding his stomach, "H-how'd you do that, dammit." Hit explained, "I would explain it if I had more time but for now goodbye." Hit punted Z off the stage causing him to fall into the darkness. Hit put his hands back in his pockets while thinking to himself. We're almost reaching the halfway point, can't take any chances.

*Hey you loyal readers, I hope you're enjoying your Spring Break as much as I am because our progress for ATOP is looking crisp. If I had enough chapters uploaded I think I could hit 7K in a week but I'm NEVER pushing myself beyond my limits ever again. But yeah we're almost at the end and I finally thought of an ending and I hope you like it just as much as I do. Until then, peace ✌️*