It Matters How This Ends Part 105

Piper's eyes got filled with tears and she tried fighting them with all she had, but it wasn't enough. Emotions were running high and I wiped the tears off her cheek. I softly touched her hand with mine and smiled at her. She smiled back.

"Miss Chapman, would you like to share your vow for Miss Vause?", the officiant asked.

"Yes.", Piper nodded and held my hands in hers.

"Alex Vause.", she began and took a deep breath;

"I’ve never loved you more than I do today and I’m thrilled by the promise of our life together. I love your strength and the quiet confidence with which you live your life. I will be your lover and your friend. A loyal partner who cares deeply for you. We will have a-I want to say great, but I will put it in your words-mamazing life together. A life less ordinary. A life filled with happiness, love and laughter. I've never...I've never quite pictured myself with anybody. I just couldn't see myself as a wife to somebody. But then, you happened. I couldn't imagine my life without you. I’ve called you my girlfriend, my partner, my significant other and my fiancée. Now, I vow to love you forever as I get to call you my wife. I, standing here in front of you and the people that we both love so dearly, promise to always love you. Hear that: I will always love you.

To me, your love is like water. It is shapeless and it is formless but it is also peaceful, yet so, so strong. You cannot live without water – and I cannot live without you. You, my Alex, are my heart. I promise to support you, through thick and thin. I cannot wait to walk back down that aisle so that can I start the rest of my life with you by my side.

What can I say that I haven’t already said? What can I provide you that I haven’t already given? My body, my mind, my soul and my heart. They’re all yours. Everything that I have and everything that I am, belonged to you long before today. And I promise that it shall all be be yours forever. I will be yours forever. I will follow you anywhere you go and anywhere you lead me to. Hand in hand. Heart in heart."

She looked me in the eyes and I could feel her sincerity.