It Matters How This Ends Part 91

"Nowhere. I mean...go make some coffee, Pipes. Nicky can keep you company and tell you everything about the chick she picked up earlier.", I tried to explain myself.

"And where will you go?", Piper looked at me, questioning my intentions.

"I'm going to the bathroom. I need a minute with the body. Maybe then I'll think of what to do.", I said and took off my jacket.

"Al! That's the worst idea! You'll just end up blaming yourself and feeling like shit again.", Piper argued.

I looked at Nicky and she knew it was time to distract Piper.

"Ehh, look, Piper, how about that coffee? Just let Vause have a minute. She looks like she could use it.", she winked at me.

She took her by the hand and lead her towards the kitchen.

I took a deep breath and walked to the bathroom. I slowly opened the door and reached to my left to get to the light.

I turned it on and walked inside.

I looked at the sink; it had blood on it.

I looked at the mirror above it; it was broken.

I looked down at my feet; the ashtray Nicky used to hit him with, was left untouched.

I looked at the ground; he was still laying on it.

He was definitely dead.

I put down the toilet seat, sat on it and took a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale.

I used my hands to support my head as I was staring at Kubra.

I looked back on my life choices and wondered if I had chosen the right ones. I mean, drug trafficing obviously wasn't my best one. But then again, if I hadn't done that, I would have never met Piper. Our paths would probably never cross, and I wouldn't be getting married. Then again, I wouldn't be sitting here, on this cold toilet seat, looking at my dead ex boss.

"Alright.", I said out loud, to myself; "enough with the contemplating."

I got up from the seat and decided to move his body from the floor, against the wall. I kneeled down next to him and touched his arm with caution. I put it over his chest and I did the same with his other one. It felt so weird, touching him. I tried to remember if there was a time I ever even touched him, but I couldn't.