It Matters How This Ends Part 115

I took my passport out of my bag and looked at Piper. She was staring out the airport window and observing something.

"What is it?", I asked her and put my hand on her thigh.

"Look. The sun is about to set.", she pointed at it.

"It's beautiful, Pipes. But not as much as you."

"Oh, Alex. Neither the sunset or I have nothing on how beautiful our life together is going to be.", she smiled with her eyes and her lips came close to mine. I felt something only she could make me feel and I wished it lasted forever.

We got on board and sat in our seats. I let Piper have the window seat because I know how much she appreciated beauty of nature and I didn't want to take that away from her. She was so excited, I could see it on her face.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome onboard flight 89B to Asia. We are currently third in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately seven minutes time. We ask that you please fasten your seatbelts at this time and secure all baggage underneath your seat or in the overhead compartments. Please turn off all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. Enjoy your flight."

We both fastened our seatbelts and were prepared for take off. Piper knew I wasn't comfortable with flying, so she held my hand and I had never felt more loved, understood and accepted than I have in that moment.
We took off and I tried to read as much as I could to distract my mind as Piper slept next to me.
The flight was 15 hours long, but it felt like it had only been 2 hours. I guess it was just the fact that she was with me that made it seem so short. We've arrived.

We got our bags and left towards the exit. "Here's where the beginning of forever starts.", I mumbled to myself.

"Huh?", Piper asked and turned to me.

"Nothing.", I chuckled and kissed her cheek as we left the airport.