It Matters How This Ends Part 114

I smiled and stared at her.

"What?", she chuckled.

"You're wearing the dress I got you on the day I proposed to you.", I said and could hardly concentrate on anything else.

"Of course I am. It was one of the best moments in my life.", she approached me and sat next to me. She put her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her. We stayed like that for at least 20 minutes. Neither of us said anything. We were simply enjoying each other's company.

"We should get going. I would hate to miss our flight.", I kissed her cheek and got up from the bed.

"Aw, already?", Piper looked at me with puppy eyes.

"Pipes, yes, we have to go. I promise we'll snuggle on the plane. And maybe something more, too.", I winked at her and grabbed my jacket;

"Come on, princess."

We left the appartment and called a taxi.
"Where to, miss?", the driver asked me.

"The airport. And it's Mrs.", I corrected him and smiled at Piper.

The drive was short due to no traffic. We arrived in time and I was a little bit less nervous. I hated flying because I just didn't feel safe, so high up from the ground. But this time, it was different. I was with the love of my life and if something was to happen, I knew I'd die happy. "Al.", Piper snapped me out of it. "Yes?"

"I just wanted you to know I'm really happy. I can't believe we're real life wives. I've waited so long for this to happen and now that it has, it's all so overwhelming."

"I know. I feel the same way. But in a good way. I wouldn't want it any other way."

We sat on the chairs at our gate and waited for our flight. There were so many people walking by, talking, screaming, kids crying, but my brain blocked it all out. Or maybe it was my heart. Either way, all I could see was her and all I could hear was my heartbeat, beating only for her. It was the perfect ending to a messy start, and a perfect beginning of forever.

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to Asia. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.", pre-boarding announcement was made.

It Matters How This Endsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें