It Matters How This Ends Part 118

At around 5 in the morning, I got an idea. Finally. I closed my eyes and snuggled up to Piper.

"Good morning, Al.", her soft and sleepy voice woke me up.

I mumbled;
"Morning, Pipes.", and turned my head to hers;

"Did you sleep okay?"

"I mean, it was a horrible night because of the ring, but a perfect morning because your face was the first thing I saw.", she replied.

I smiled and touched her cheek;
"Don't you worry. I found a solution to our problem."

"What is that?", she was surprised.

"You'll see after breakfast.", I remained mysterious.

We took a shower - together, obviously, and ordered room service.

"How do you expect me to eat now? I'm way too nervous. Just tell me what it is.", she insisted.

"If we want what I have in mind to happen, you have to eat. We both do. It's pretty much a must.", I winked at her and began to eat my food.

"Oh my God. What did you do, Alex?", she dropped her fork and looked at me.

I chuckled;

"Relax, babe. Eat your food, then we'll go."

"Whatever it is you're planning, it better be good.", she just couldn't relax.

Half an hour later, we were finally ready to leave.
I took her by the hand and led her pass restaurants, bars, stores and coffee shops.

"Where are you taking me?", she was impatient as hell.

"Just bare with me. You'll love it.", I didn't give in.

"Here.", I said and stopped infront of a shop.

"I appreciate the thought and I do love clothed, but I don't think shopping will fix it.", Piper frowned.

I rolled my eyes, opened the door and took her by the hand.

"May I help you?", a lady at the counter asked.

"Yes. My wife and I would like to get tattoos.", I told her and Piper grabbed my arm.

"What? Al!", she exclaimed in shock; "tattoos?!"

"Yes.", I chuckled;
"I figured we should each get a tattoo of a ring on our finger. That way, neither of us can ever lose it."