It Matters How This Ends Part 23

Piper looked like she was about to fall asleep and I was tired, too. I caressed her cheek and slowly turned her face towards mine;

"Let's take a nap, babe", I said as I stood up and offered her my hand

She looked at me with a sleepy look on her face and took my hand. I helped her out of the bathtub and wrapped a fresh towel around her body.

"Don't drop it please, or we won't be going to sleep", I said and smirked.

Seeing she was a bit cold, I rubbed my hands against her arms, hoping it would warm her up. I reached over to the sink and grabbed my t-shirt;

"Here, put this on".

We walked to the bedroom and I layed her down on the bed.

"I'll be right back. I'm just gonna brush my teeth real quick for you, so I don't smell.", I said jokigly.

I kissed her forehead and left the room. I got to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I placed my hands on the sink and tucked my head between my arms. I wanted to cry and I didn't quite know why.
Maybe it was because I wasn't used to somebody actually loving me this much, or maybe it was because I was afraid.
I knew Piper was the one always needing reassurance so I had no idea what came over me. It's not like we just started dating. We've known each other more than well and we knew each other's flaws. It's not like she could just decide to stop loving me all of the sudden, especially since I've done nothing wrong.
So what the fuck is wrong with me?

"Al? Are you coming to bed?", Piper's sweet, half asleep voice snapped me out of it.

"I'll be right there, babe", I said and removed my glasses.
I splashed some cold water on my face and looked at myself in the mirror. I had to get it together.

I layed down next to her, with my face facing hers. A lock of her hair was covering her eyes, so I gently placed it behind her ear as my eyes stayed on her eyes.

"What?", she asked.

"Nothing."

"Al, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."; I tried hard holding back my tears, unsuccessfully.

Piper put her hand on my cheek and wiped my tear with her finger.

"I'm gonna need an explanation, Al. What's going on?"