It Matters How This Ends Part 117

"Relax, Pipes. It's okay.", I tried comforting her.

"It's not okay, Alex! It was my wedding ring! It meant the whole world to me!", she sobbed and walked towards the ocean.

I stood up and tried to stop her;

"Piper, stop! You're never going to find it now. It's getting dark and you're upset. Let's just go inside and get some rest. We can look for it tomorrow.", I grabbed her hand and prevented her from walking right into the ocean. I led her to our villa and unlocked the door.

"Wow, check it out!", I exclaimed; "how amazing is this?!"

There was a big living room with a huge sofa and a TV, a glass coffee table which had flowers on it and a note. I walked to it and read the note;

"Dear Mrs' Vause-Chapman,

we hope you enjoy your stay. If you need anything, call the reception at anytime. We are at your service.

Congratulations on your wedding and all the best,

Villa Puri Bawana team.

Oh Pipes! How sweet is this?!", I finished reading it out loud.

"Piper?", I looked around, but I couldn't see her anywhere. I put down the note and raised my eyebrow in suspicion. I thought she might be taking a shower or brushing her teeth, so I checked out the bathroom. But, she wasn't there. The bathroom was gorgeous, though. It had a luxury shower and a royal bathtub. I felt like a drug dealer all over again, due to all of these nice and expensive things.

"Piper!", I shouted and kept looking for her. I walked into our bedroom and saw her on a beautiful, king size bed. Her face was burried in the sheets and she was laying still. I put my hand on her back and sat next to her.

"Hey. It's okay. We'll figure it out."

"It's not okay.", she mumbled into the sheets; "it was my wedding ring. A wedding ring YOU gave me.", she cried.

"Okay. You might have lost the wedding ring, but I'm still here. The one thing you will never lose.", I said in a calm voice.

"You're not a thing. You're a person.", her smart ass couldn't help but comment.

I chuckled and put my hands on her face, facing it towards mine;

"Come on. Let's get some rest."

Piper fell asleep on my chest within minutes, but I didn't. I couldn't. I stayed up all night thinking of ways we could fix the situation.