51| New friend

ENIOLA'S BATHING SUIT was different, compared to what the other girls were wearing. They all wore the tiniest G-string bikini one could only see on a  beach in Miami.

Some of the boys whistled enthusiastically, and she tugged self-consciously at her bikini.

Dayo glared at them. "I don't like the way those bastards are staring at you," he snarled close to her ear.

Eniola was about to point out that she didn't like the way the girls were staring at him either when one of the girls quite literally jumped at him. "Dayo!" she squealed, hugging him a little bit tighter.

Dayo gave her a lopsided grin. "Mabel Akintayo. If I didn't know better I'd think you missed me," he joked.

Her lips stretched into a wide smile. "The one and only Adedayo Bankole. And if I didn't know any better I'd think that you didn't miss me at all." 

They hugged each other again, and Mabel grinned when she finally noticed her. "Oh, hi," she smiled warmly.

"Hi," she said, returning her smile. Dayo pulled her closer to him before introducing them to each other. 

"Mabel, this is my girlfriend. Eniola meet Mabel, my rival back in high school," he grinned. 

Mabel hugged Eniola, and she was completely caught off guard. "Nice to meet you, Eni. I can call you Eni, right?" she smiled.

Eniola decided that she liked her already. "Sure, you can call me Eni. And it's a pleasure to meet you."

Mabel complimented her on the black bikini she was wearing, asking her what store she got them from. They quickly launched into a conversation about the best clothing store on the mainland and Dayo excused himself to go greet the other classmates.

Eniola watched Dayo from the corner of her eye, and saw that Novah was already standing beside him as he talked to their friends. She felt jealousy course through her as Novah moved closer to him, pressing her breasts against his arm.

Novah was wearing a tiny leopard-print bikini, almost simlar to hers but the sides were held together by small hoops of gold. Her bikini was dripping wet from swimming, and the water from it was seeping through Dayo's dry clothes.

Eniola looked over her shoulder, as she sensed someone watching her. Her gaze landed on a pair of deep-set, intense, black eyes. Jamal grinned and winked at her before taking a long swig of his Smirnoff ice.

She rolled her eyes and looked back at Dayo, and knew that he saw the exchange from the way he was staring at Jamal.

Mabel returned with two glasses of iced tea and handed one to her. "Thanks," she mumbled absently. Mabel took a sip, following her gaze, "Are those two still not talking?" she asked, grinning. 

"Talking? They hate each other, obviously." Eniola said. Mabel shook her head, "They don't really hate each other. Jamal and him were basically inseparable, then they had a little fight back in Ss 2 and haven't talked since then."

"Seriously?" Eniola frowned, absorbing this new piece of information. And why didn't Dayo tell her about this? She couldn't believe that they'd been anything close to friends before, with the way they were glaring at each other.

Mabel nodded. "You know boys and their stupid egos," she said, taking another sip of her drink. 

"I don't think it was a 'little' fight. And why did Novah even invite both of them to the same party? They look ready to pounce on each other." Eniola said.

Mabel gave her a confused grin. "There's no way she'd let Dayo miss her party and Jamal doesn't need an invitation to his own cousin's party."

Eniola's mouth hung open. "They're cousins?!"