40| Daddy troubles

THE CAMPUS WAS bustling with students on their way to classes beneath the harsh sun. Several students were lounging on the rusted iron benches under the shade of a huge Neem tree. 

Two hundred level students were all standing outside a lecture hall, waiting for a lecture to finish. The girls were engaged in an animated chatter about Big Brother Naija, while the guys were arguing about football.

Dayo pulled out his wallet and paid for the ice ream cone his girlfriend was happily devouring. He watched her with amusement and chuckled as she caught a small drop of melted chocolate running down the side of the cone with the tip of her tongue.

He laced his fingers with her free hand as they strolled back to his car. "Your ass looks amazing in those jeans," he said, admiring her tight jeans.

"Stop staring at my ass joor," she giggled. Laughing, his eyes raked over her body seductively. "Are you wearing anything under those jeans? Just curious." 

Eniola's eyes widened. "Dayo, get your mind out of the gutter," she said, lightly smacking his arm.

The class rep, Esohe approached them with a handful of freshly printed handouts. "Hey Dayo," she smiled. Dayo replied with a wink. "Eni, have you joined any group for 211?" she asked, facing Eniola.

"No, Tijani said his group is already full and I think every other group is complete." Eniola said.

"Thank God, I have an empty spot. Shalewa  joined another group, so you can just fill her spot." Esohe said with glee.

"Okay, text me the topic ehn. I'll start working on it," Eniola smiled. Esohe grinned and rushed off to distribute the handouts.

Dayo clasped his hands around Eniola's waist and lifted her to sit on the hood of his car. He stood between her parted legs, his knees against the bumper. 

He kissed her softly on the lips and pulled away. "People are staring," she said, playfully avoiding his kiss. 

Dayo looked around and his eyes connected with Onome's, however she quickly looked away when he caught her staring. He turned back to her and said, "You two have a fight?" 

Eniola rolled her eyes and hissed. "We are not really fighting, but she won't talk to me. I don't know what's going on with her," she said.

"That's strange. Onome is a chill person." he said, wondering what was wrong with her.

Eniola's expression changed as she glanced back at her. "You know, Dayo, I think she likes you," she said in a low tone.

Dayo knew about Onome's infatuation with him, but he didn't think it was that obvious. "No, she's probably mad that I've not been spending time with her lately. I'll talk to her later."

"It's fine. I'll handle this one myself," she said, squinting her eyes to block the bright rays of the sun.

He pulled off his cap and placed it on her head to shield her face from the blazing hot sun. "I have a race tomorrow at the tracks, wanna come?"

Eniola's face lit up immediately. "Sure, I really want to see you race." Dayo smiled, he had to admit he liked her enthusiasm.

"I'll pick you up at seven thirty," he said before kissing her again. Maybe he could get her to stay the night at his place tomorrow.

The loud chatter around them died down and a series of 'Good afternoon Sir' instantly followed. A small man briskly walked passed them with his notes tucked under his arm, he suddenly stopped and turned to face them. 

Prof. Ajayi!