30| Changes

DAYO GLANCED AT his Patek Philippe wristwatch and leaned against the hood of his car. Girls walked in and out of the hostel, some sending flirtatious glances to him as they passed.

Groaning, he pulled his white Balenciaga cap lower over his face in order not to draw attention to himself. 

"Hey, handsome!" One of the girls called. Dayo scanned her from head to toe, barely concealing his distaste. "Not my type." Dayo grinned. 

"Ode (fool)," she said, her voice coated in irritation. Dayo watched as she walked into Palmers Hall dressed in a slutty see through gown.

He twirled his car keys around his index fingers and looked up to the sky. The sun was setting low on the horizon, sinking into the sky in a warm tangerine color. Birds were flying low in circles across the sky.

Dayo straightened from his car as he saw Eniola walking towards him. She was wearing a rose colored chiffon gown with a deep V-neck that showed a hint of cleavage with big white sneakers.

"Hey, beautiful," he said with a grin. Eniola gave him a brief hug before his new car caught her attention.

"New car?" she asked, gliding her hands lovingly over the bonnet. Dayo saw the admiration for his car in her face as she stepped closer to it.

Dayo smiled. "I've had it for a while now. You like it?" he asked.

Her smile broadened. "Yeah, it's a nice car. But it looks very expensive oo. It's a Ford Mustang, right?" she asked, eyeing him dubiously.

"Yeah, It was a gift from...my dad," he said, hoping she doesn't pry too much. The last thing he wanted to bring up was his father.

Eniola stared at him for a brief minute before giving him a small smile. "You're still not telling me where we're going, abi?" she asked.

"It's a surprise, doll face. And I know you'll love it." Dayo grinned.

Eniola laughed at his confidence. "How are you so sure that I'll love your surprise? I'm not very easily impressed," she said in a playful tone.

"You'll be more than impressed, doll face. And then you owe me a kiss," he said, her shiny pink gloss drawing his attention to her lips.

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Don't get ahead of yourself, Dayo."

"Alright. Get into the car and prepare to have your mind blown," he said, opening the passenger door of his white Mustang.

Dayo held the car door open for her until she was settled in the plush leather seat. "Thank you," she smiled.

Once she was comfortable, he slid into the driver's seat, put his seat belt on, and started the engine. He put the car in reverse and slowly rolled into the bumpy road that led to the expressway. 

The drive took about forty minutes as the traffic was brutal at that time of the night. "We are here." Dayo said, as he pulled up and parked the car.

"It's a beach, Dayo." She said with a confused smile. "A private beach. But you haven't seen the best part yet, doll face," he said, leading her to a small secluded part of the beach.

Eniola's eyes widened as she took in the little set up he made for their date. "Wow," she breathed, completely awed by the view.

He was getting a kiss after all...