48| Banana island

FRIDAY NIGHT CAME, and Dayo couldn't believe the week had past so fast. He had spent the better part of the week trying to avoid both Novah and Prof. Ajayi.

His girlfriend, on the other hand was still mad at him for not telling Novah about their relationship. Now, here he was waiting to pick her up for Novah's damned pool party. At first, he had tried to talk her out of it, but she was being stubborn as hell.

Dayo noticed her walking towards him and met her halfway. "Hey, doll face," he said with a broad grin.

He lowered his head and tried to kiss her but she turned her face away. Dayo groaned, cursing under his breath. "Still mad at me?" he asked.

"I want to ask you a question and I want the damn truth. No lies!" she said. "What is it?" he said calmly. 

She opened her mouth then closed it again. "Is there something going on between you two that I should know about?" she finally said.

"Who?" Dayo asked, deliberating baiting her. Eniola narrowed her eyes into slits and glared at him. "Don't try to play dumb with me, you know who the hell I'm talking about," she said, her voice rising.

"There's nothing going on between me and Novah. We're just friends." Dayo said seriously.

Eniola stared hard at him for what seemed like a long time, "Dayo, do you think I'm a fool or something? I saw the way she looked at you and I know jealousy when I see it," she said, with a sharp edge to her tone.

He licked his lips, hesitating. "Novah and I have been friends pretty much my entire life. We used to fool around in high school but that stopped when she moved to London."

Eniola crossed her arms over her chest and frowned. "Fool around? As in you slept with her?" she almost shouted.

"That happened two years ago. I haven't seen her that much lately until well, on Monday." Dayo said. She said nothing.

He let the silence stretch out between them before he caved in and asked, "Look, I can call to cancel if you want."

"No, I still want to go," she said hurriedly. Dayo watched as Eniola walked past him and slid into the car.

This was going to be a long night, he thought as he settled into the plush seat of his Lexus. He shot her a quick glance as he maneuvered the car through the usual Friday night congestion.

ONE HOUR LATER, they pulled up in front of a luxurious semi-detached duplex in Banana island, Ikoyi. The island was a billionaire's paradise, home to thousands of celebrities, politicians and business magnates.

Several luxury cars were parked in front of the house and in the driveway. Dayo parked his Lexus beside a dark blue Aston Martin V12 Vantage and turned off his ignition.

After giving his name to the grumpy security guy, he reluctantly checked it against his guest list and waved them in. Eniola let him link their fingers as they made their way to the indoor pool of the magnificent building.

They walked through the exquisitely furnished living room area and the awe on Eniola's face was apparent. The interior décor had changed since the last time he had actually stepped foot inside the house, which was at least five years ago.

The house brought back a rush of memories he had since forgotten, mostly happy ones. He had spent the better part of his childhood in this house and it still felt like a home. Only that was then, and this is now.

A soft clicking of heels against the beige marble tiles jolted him from his thoughts. Novah's laughter echoed through the hall before she came into sight with a tall figure trailing behind her.

The figure came into view, the light in the hallway shining on his features. "Fancy seeing you here," he said smoothly.

7K reads!!! I don't know what to say other than I'm so thankful to you guys😭  Someone pass me some tissues, cuz I'm legit tearing up right now.

Who do you think this new guy is and what's his connection to Dayo and Novah? If you were Eniola would you just ditch the party and avoid Novah or would you rather show up and put her in her place?🤔

Blow my head with votes and comments oo😘 😘