47| Something smells fishy

ENIOLA CLOSED HER hand around Dayo's forearm and could feel the muscles tense as they walked back to his friends. She peered up at him, wondering what was going through his mind and saw his jaw tightly clenched.

Eniola saw the girl standing with the boys as they approached her. She straightened from the car she'd been leaning against and took off her sunglasses. "Hey, Dayo," she said with a flirty smile. 

Wow! This babe had money written all over her, from the short black dress that showed off her toned legs to the diamond Versace hoop earring that glinted in the bright sunlight.

Eniola slowly took in her appearance from head to toe. Novah rocked a gold tinted low-cut hairstyle that complimented her oval shaped face perfectly. She stood about six feet tall in her white ankle boots, with a slender curvy body.

Novah looked like one of those models you might see on the front cover of Vogue, her golden caramel skin glowing in the sunshine. "What are you doing on campus?" Dayo asked, with a friendly grin.

"My dear cousin is giving me a grand tour of Unilag. I saw the boys from over there and came to say hi." Novah said, with a hint of a British accent.

Dayo jammed his hands into the pocket of his jeans. "When are you going back to the UK?" he asked.

Novah shook her head and laughed. "Nice try, but you're not getting rid of me that easily. Besides, I only arrived here a few days ago."

"Great," Dayo muttered, rubbing the back of his neck. Novah's smile faltered as her eyes flickered to her hand that was resting on Dayo's arm.

She gave her a onceover before meeting Dayo's gaze again. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your new...friend?" she said.

Dayo seemed confused like he hadn't been listening and she gave him a quick elbow jab. "Oh, sorry, this is Eniola. And Eniola meet Novah," he managed.

A cold smile that didn't reach her eyes spread across her face. "It's great to meet you, Eniola," she said.

"Likewise." Eniola said, returning the fake smile. Eniola wasn't convinced by her easy smiles, there was something in her eyes that made her uneasy.

"Dayo, I almost forgot. Pool party at my place, Friday. And you're coming." Novah said, flashing him an expensive smile.

"Sorry, I have a race Friday night." Dayo replied. Eniola knew he wouldn't miss a party for anything, that was his usual scene. He was avoiding this party for a reason and she wants to know why.

Novah narrowed her eyes at him. "Sorry, dude, no can do. You have to be there, I already told all our friends you're coming," she said.

Eniola looked between the two of them. "Novah, you know I can't miss the race. King would be mad." Dayo said.

"Dayo, I'm sure King can find someone else to race Friday night. There's no way in hell you're missing my homecoming party."

Eniola wanted to know more about her and the only way she was going to find out was if she went to this pool party. "We'll be there on Friday night." Eniola said, abruptly.

Dayo frowned a little. "You're sure about that?" he asked. She gave him a dimpled smile and said, "Sure, we'll go."

He sighed in defeat. "Alright, fine. We'll drop by." Novah clapped her hands in excitement. "Then it's settled! My place on Friday night, bring a bikini," she said, winking at her.

"Sure. I will," she smiled. Eniola didn't miss the flirtatious look she was giving her boyfriend and edged closer to him.

"See you Friday night," she said with a grin, jumping behind the wheel of her cherry red BMW convertible.

"Bye, Dayo." Novah said, blowing him a kiss before driving off. There was something in the way she drawled his name, there was so much familiarity in it.

Eniola turned to him as soon as she left. "Why didn't you introduce me as your girlfriend?" she asked, hitting his arm. "Umm, it slipped my mind," he said.

"It slipped your mind? Well, I hope it doesn't slip your mind when we go to her party." Eniola said, walking away from him.

Come Friday night, she'd find out what he seems to be hiding...