33| Is she really going out with him?

ENIOLA LEANED TOWARDS the mirror and smoothed a coat of cherry lip gloss over her lips. She mashed her lips together and dropped the gloss back in her makeup kit.

The air in the room was filled with the sweet scent of the incense stick that was burning in a tiny hole on the wall. Fareedah and Lara were chatting with each other while Onome sat on a stool at the kitchen entrance frying plantain. 

The door opened and Kemi walked inside with a bright smile on her face. "Kilode, why is your bed so messy?" she asked, referring to her clothes that were jumbled together in an untidy heap across her bed. 

Sighing, she packed up the clothes and crammed them back into her suitcase. "What's up? I didn't see you in class today." Eniola said.

Kemi picked up a random book from her table and flipped through the pages. "You won't believe what Prof. Edewor said to me this afternoon," she tsked.

"What did he say?" Eniola asked, suspicion rising in her voice. The man was well known for his notorious womanizing ways with his students all over the university campus.

Kemi grimaced. "The bastard wants me to meet him at Radisson hotels on Friday," she laughed in disgust.

"Walahi(I swear), that man will get caught one of these days," Fareedah said, jumping into the conversation. 

Eniola picked up a bottle of perfume and sprayed a little on her wrists and behind both ears. "What are you going to do?" she asked, concerned.

Kemi shifted her gaze to the pictures on the wall. "I told our course adviser about it and she's willing to help me," she sighed.  Eniola smiled assuredly. "You'll be fine, don't worry." 

"This one that you're looking fine tonight, are you going somewhere ni?" Kemi asked, quickly changing the subject.

Lara looked up with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. "Dayo is taking her to the club tonight. Another one of their dates," she teased.

"Guys, it's not a date. We've gone out a few times but it's nothing serious. Dayo and I are just friends," Eniola smiled.

Kemi's face brightened. "A few times? He's been picking you up almost every day for like two weeks now."

"Can't a boy and a girl just be friends?" Eniola asked, genuinely curious. Her friends burst into a fit of laughter that resonated through the walls of the small room. 

Lara was clutching her stomach to stop her laughter."Not when there's kissing and groping involved." She said, took a deep breath and went on laughing.

"That one is more like friends with benefits," Kemi laughed. Eniola felt her phone vibrate and lit up with Dayo's name flashing across the screen. 

"Dayo's here. I guess I'll see you guys later," she grinned, standing up. Onome gave her an odd look and forced a smile while the others said goodbyes.

The few guys that were still lurking around the hostel stared openly at her as she passed. Eniola ignored their covetous gazes and honking horns to get her attention as she sighted him in the parking area.

Dayo wore all black except for the red durag on his head. The tiny diamond in his ear flickered with every movement from the streetlight above him. "Hey, doll face." Dayo said with a smile on his lips.

He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her tightly against him, kissing her on the lips until she was breathless. Eniola looped her arms around his neck and pressed her body against his chest.

He always greeted her this way. And she loved it more than anything else in the world. Dayo pulled back and smiled devilishly. "You're not wearing a bra," he whispered close to her ear.

Eniola gave him a provocative smile and kissed him again in answer to his question.

He tasted like heaven and she could get used to it...