75a| Twilight & Tats

Eniola moaned softly as she slowly came awake. She lifted her face from the pillow and opened her eyes just a fraction, squinting against the evening sun.

Twilight flushed through the window, bathing the room in a warm tangy orange.

Yawning, she threw back the covers, sat up and looked around the room. Dayo wasn't there.

She reached out and grabbed her phone off the nightstand. She pressed the power button and the screen lit up. It was 6:35pm.

It was getting darker outside, she needed to leave soon. Sliding off the bed, she slipped her bare feet into a pair of flip-flops beside the bed and went in search of Dayo.

Eniola found him on the balcony, looking  over the city, deep in thought. She paused in the doorway and studied him.

He was shirtless and barefoot, wearing only a pair of white sweatpants. Damn, his body was a work of art.

Her eyes traced the cords of muscle that played over his back and the black swirl of ink that matted his chocolate skin.

As if he sensed her presence, he looked over his shoulder. "Hey, sleepy head."

Smiling, she moved closer to him and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind with her cheek pressed against his bare back.

"You smell so good," she sighed, breathing in his scent.

A deep chuckle rumbled through him and she felt the vibration against her own body. "Yeah, the shower worked wonders."

She laughed and ran her fingers down his solid back, tracing his tattoos. His skin quivered beneath her touch as she followed the intriguing pattern right from his shoulder down his spine.

"Your tattoos... tell me about them,” she said, her voice coming out a little gruff.

"Which one of them?" he asked after a while.

She smiled. "Everything. I want to know the story behind each of them."

"The one on my back is from the Zulu tribe. It symbolizes power and strength. I got it in Johannesburg a few months back when I went to visit my aunts."

"Your aunts stays in Johannesburg?" She asked, confused.

"My maternal grandmother is Zulu. So my mom and her sisters aren't fully Nigerian. My mom used to stay there too until she and dad got married."

"Wow, so they met in South Africa?"

"No, mom came to Nigeria for one of her friend's wedding. She was the best lady and dad was the best man. According to her it was love at first sight, but I doubt that was what it was for him."

She noticed the slight melancholy in his voice and changed the topic. "And this one? What does it mean?"

He looked down where her thumb was idly stroking the ink skin of his ribcage. Even though his back was still to her, she knew the exact position of each tattoo on his body.

The tattoo she was stroking was one of two leafless trees — their branches intertwined with initials and dates.

"Death." He paused for several heartbeats before adding, "My mom and a friend's death."

He'd lost a friend? He was obviously not not going to say more about it so she moved to another one of his intricate tattoo.

"What language is this written in?" She whispered, tracing the characters curving the skin on his neck.

"Latin," he replied.

She tested the words on her tongue. "Pax aerterna. What does it mean?"

"Eternal peace. That was my first tattoo," he said.

"How old were you when you got it?" She asked, curiosity showing in her voice.

He turned around to face her. "I started getting inked when I was just around sixteen," he grinned.

"Sixteen?" She almost screamed. "That's illegal you know."

"I don't play by the rules, sweetheart." he winked.

She shook her head at him. "How the hell did you come across a tattoo place at such a young age?"

"Jamal was friends with the tattoo guy. I tagged along when he went to get a tattoo and ended up getting one myself," he said.

"Say no more. That explains everything," she said, chuckling despite herself.

"You know tattoos aren't as bad as African parents paint it to be. It's just body art, a kind of self-expression."

Her fingertips traced the phoenix tattoo on his chest. "I've always been fascinated by them. But my parents would have a fit if I get one."

He cocked his head for a second, as if thinking. "What if you get it in a place where no one can see?"

"I'm definitely not getting a tattoo on my boobs or wherever it is you're thinking," she said.

He laughed deep in his throat. "I'm talking about that sexy birthmark you have on your hip bone."

A grin broke across her face. "You think my birthmark is sexy?"

"I can't help it, babe. I think everything about you is too damned sexy," he said, his gaze skating down her body.

His eyes got heated and she knew his thoughts had taken a naughty route.

She put a finger under chin and lifted his gaze from her body to her eyes. "My face is up here."

He flashed her a grin, the kind that could cause a girl to swoon. "Don't blame me, you can be so distracting."

"Oh my God, just continue what you were saying," she giggled.

"Okay, fine. I'm guessing you don't parade yourself naked in front of your parents...

She glared at him and lightly hit his chest. "That's not funny."

"Okay, why don't you come with me to the tat shop and see for yourself? Then you can decide if you really want to get a tattoo or not."

Her teeth sank into her lower lip. "I'm not sure."

"No one would force you to do anything, I promise," he assured her.

She looked skeptical. "Not even you?"

He lowered his head and kissed her gently. His lips slanted over hers and she tasted him — a mixture of coffee and mint.

"Not even me," he said, against her lips.

Chapter 75b is coming up soon.....

Okay, let's talk about tattoos! What do you think of them?

I personally find them really attractive. I might even get one in the future who knows🤷. But I'mma keep it hidden cuz my mom would probably beat the shit outta me if she finds out😂😭

If I had the opportunity I'd get either a tattoo wave, or a rainbow or just a tiny sun. Just anything bright and positive 😊

What's your tattoo fascination? Comment here 👉

Cheers to 24K! 🥂🎆🙏