22| Club deluxe

CLOSE TO MIDNIGHT, the club was crowded as usual. The club was a well-known spot among Lagos big boys and was packed with people from all over the base. Club Deluxe was located in one of the most exclusive areas in Victoria Island, overlooking the ocean. 

The crowd was hyped as usual, as they watched the strippers twirling around the poles. Men roared their approval and threw fresh one thousand Naira notes at them. Brandy, one of the strippers had the full attention of the crowd as she dropped her spaghetti strap top, big breasts bouncing. The crowd went crazy and men slipped more fresh notes into the string of her red thong.

Some girls carried champagne bottles nestled deep into buckets of ice with gold sparklers, shooting out as high as twelve inches. Each of the bottles of champagne cost around seventy thousand or more.

"So, wetin happen?" Omah asked, leaning over on his seat. Dayo glared at Abbey who was laughing and smacked the back of his head.

"No be my fault nah. I didn't even know you were bringing the girl home." Abbey laughed, adding another cube of ice into his drink.

Dayo grinned. "She has been avoiding me all week. But I know she can't run away from me, for all I know she's still fantasizing about that kiss."

"She no fit run," Seyi laughed, taking a long drag from his cigar and exhaling the smoke through his nose.

Dayo glanced down at his phone that was buzzing on the table. "What the hell does she want from me?" he groaned, hitting the reject button.

Barely two minutes have passed before the screen of the phone lit up again. Dayo frowned when he saw the name that flashed up on the screen. 

"Guys, I'll be right back," he said to his friends, excusing himself  from their midst. Dayo weeded through the crowd to the front of the club where it was more quiet.

Dayo plugged in his iPod, took a deep breath and answered the call. The voice at the other end of the phone was too calm and Dayo felt a wave of fear sweep all over him.

He knew that tone too well. 

Dayo tugged at the loose end of the black durag on his head, already feeling his head throbbing. "I don't see any reason why I should be there," he stated calmly.

"Listen to me, boy. Dress like a responsible young man and make sure you get there before them. " The voice said, before the line went dead.

Dayo cursed under his breath and turned to walk back into the club before bumping into someone. 

"Hey, easy there," he said, steadying the girl before his gaze shifted from Jamal to Tina. Dayo released her arm and stepped away from her.

Jamal stepped forward, his chest almost to Dayo's. "Touch her again and see if I don't mess up your face." 

"Fuck off, Jamal," Dayo gritted, trying to contain his anger. Why are they always in the same fucking place as him?

Jamal sneered and roughly pushed him into the wall. Dayo smiled and decided to leave him with his madness until he dragged him back by the collar of his shirt. 

Dayo shoved him, punching him right in the nose. Jamal lunged for him but was immediately held back by the huge bouncers.

"You fucking piece of shit!" he yelled, trying to released the grip on his arms. Dayo held his hand up as the other bouncers tried to hold him too. 

Jamal's nose was dripping with blood and he furiously wiped it with the back of his hand. "Baby, are you okay?" Tina fretted, raising his chin up to inspect his nosebleed.

The bouncers escorted Dayo back into the club and warned not to fight or they'd be forced to kick him out. 

Dayo's phone dinged in his pocket, alerting him of a text message. He knew who the text was from and what it said so he didn't bother checking it.

He'd deal with Senator Adegoke Bankole later...