43| Missed me?

ENIOLA STOOD AT the kitchen sink washing the enormous stack of dirty dishes from her mother's little get-together with her friends. It seemed that her father had decided to keep her little rendezvous with Dayo from her mother.

Why, though? She had no idea. Eniola paused and stared into the distance, wondering what Dayo was doing. They'd only been apart for a few hours, and she was already missing him terribly.

Eniola was so deep in her own thoughts, she didn't hear the knock at the door. "Eniola, go and check who is at the door oo," her mom yelled from upstairs in her bedroom. 

"Yes, ma." Eniola yelled back. She grabbed a blue dish towel by the sink and wiped her hands as she ran to the door.

Eniola opened the door and felt her jaw drop in shock. "Hey, doll face." Dayo grinned. She gasped, shocked to see him standing at her front door. 

"Are you crazy? What the hell are you doing here?" she hissed, shoving him away. "Ouch. I missed you too, babe?" he smiled devilishly.

"You're crazy!" she whispered. Her mother yelled again. "Eniola, who is at door?" Dayo grinned at her as she glared back at him. "M-mummy, it's Joba," she stuttered. 

Eniola made a mental note to text Joba to cover for her just in case. "Jesujoba, how are you my dear?" Her mother greeted.

"Mummy, Joba wants me to follow her to see Wendy. Can I go?" she asked.

"Alright, darling. But you girls shouldn't stay out too long," she replied. "Yes, ma." Eniola shouted over her shoulder.

Dayo chuckled. "You should have seen the look on your face when you saw me." Eniola shook her head, he was simply impossible.

But at the moment she couldn't seem to muster up any real anger. She punched him playfully  on the arm. "You fool, what if my dad was at home?"

Eniola pulled him out of the gate and was thankful that their gateman had gone to the nearby mosque for his evening prayers.

Dayo's lips curved into a grin. "But he isn't home. Lucky me, right?"  he said as they turned a corner into a narrow street.

"Dayo, you shouldn't have come here. Couldn't you wait till Monday?"  she asked, planting her hand on her hip.

His expression turned serious. "You weren't answering my calls. I was worried about you," he said in a concerned tone.

Eniola's face softened when she saw the genuine concern on his face. "Dayo, I'm fine," she assured him. "Dad is angry, but he'll cool down soon."

"I'm really sorry, babe," he said, in a sympathetic tone. Eniola smiled and took a long look at him. He looked so cute at the moment, his pink tongue darting out to moisten his lips.

Before she could stop herself, she stood on tip toe and kissed him on the lips. With a groan, he  closed his hands around her waist and kissed her hungrily.

Dayo pulled back from the kiss and grinned. "I know how to get you back on campus," he said, winking. "Really?" she asked, wide-eyed.

He nodded. "What's the plan?" Eniola smiled.