46| Who's Novah?

DAYO SLUMPED IN the seat, eyes closed, his legs crossed at the ankles and propped against the dashboard of Omah's metallic grey Mercedes G-wagon. He bobbed his head in tune to J Cole's "middle child" pumping so loud from inside the car.

Seyi was making out with a girl in the back seat of the car and it was getting pretty intense. Dayo shifted his attention to his surroundings and tried to block out the sound of their moans.

Abbey and Omah were sitting on the hood of the car surrounded by girls from their class. Some girls were making eyes at them from afar, trying to get their attention.

The whole class was waiting for their 9am class and being quieter than usual, all wary of their upcoming test later in the day.

The slay queens were skimming through their photocopied notes trying to cram the little they can. While the more intelligent ones were revising in the corner.

Dayo saw his friend slid off the hood of the car from the corner of his eyes. Omah approached the car and gingerly knocked on the tinted window of the G-wagon.

Dayo rolled the car window down a few inches, "No be your babe be that?" Omah asked, looking behind him.

He followed his gaze and looked just in time to see the girl in the passenger's seat land a kiss on the driver's cheek. Dayo took his legs off the dashboard, got out of the car and slammed the door shut.

Eniola got out of the white Toyota Camry, swung her bag pack over her shoulder, and watched him drive off. "Who was that?" he asked, not taking his eyes off the retreating car.

She turned and flashed him a smile. "Hey," she said, taking his face in her hands and kissing him softly on the lips.

He let the kiss linger for a few seconds, and felt his anger slip away before pulling back. "What was that for?" he asked, his voice growing husky.

Eniola raised her eyebrows, then grinned, "Just felt like kissing you." He let his eyes stray down her body, noting the way her dark jeans hugged the curve of her waist.

"You still didn't answer my question," he said. "Oh, that was Fola. My brother, remember?" she said, twisting the strings of her hoodie.

Dayo nodded, even though he didn't remember. "Did the plan work?" he asked impatiently, leading her to a secluded spot.

"No, it didn't work. But I've got great news," she beamed. Dayo sighed. "What's this great news?" he urged.

She smiled sweetly at him and took a step closer. "Well, you have to kiss me first or I'm not telling you."

Dayo grinned and caught her lower lips with his, nibbling softly on it. He moaned as his tongue met hers with a fierce hunger he didn't know he possessed. His hands traveled down her body, cupping her ass and pulling her closer to him.

"Dad is leaving on a trip on Friday," she smiled against his lips. "That's great news, doll face," he chuckled softly and kissed her again.

Their kiss was interrupted by an approaching footstep. "Yo, Banks. Novah wants to see you," Abbey shouted.

Dayo stilled at the mention of Novah. "Who's Novah?" she asked, looking up at him. He's gotten himself into some real deep shit this time...