62| I'll Stay

DAYO SWALLOWED THE lump in his throat as his eyes roamed every inch of the photo. The huge portrait showed his mother, much younger, in a white kaftan trimmed with gold around the sleeve and collar. A white turban was wrapped around her head, accented with gold pearls. She looked beautiful with her rich cinnamon skin and onyx eyes that sparkled with tiny flecks of gold.

Eniola's finger traced the intricate gold frame of the photograph. "She's beautiful," she whispered. Dayo stared at the picture for a long moment before he spoke. "Yeah, she was," he said, emphasizing the word was.

She turned her face to look at him, their faces mere inches apart. "You have her eyes," she smiled, staring into his brown eyes. He broke their gaze to glance at the picture. Every time he looked in the mirror, he saw his mother's brown eyes in his own.

"Yeah," he agreed. Eniola moved to the next picture on the wall. The photo was taken about fifteen years ago on his seventh birthday, with cake smeared all over his face. He was grinning widely at the camera with a few missing teeth. Beside him was his mother, squatting on the wet grass and looking up at him with love shining in her eyes.

Dayo remembered that day like it was yesterday. He remembered his mother's melodious laughter as she smeared vanilla frosting on his face. He remembered falling asleep in her arms after the party had ended. The memories were playing in his mind so vividly that he felt like he was his younger self again.

Eniola's voice broke through his reverie. "You were such a cute kid," she said, a playful tone in her voice. He nodded, not trusting his voice. The photographs that lined up the walls brought back so many memories that he didn't want to relive. At least not at the moment.

"Come," he said, taking her hand in his and pulling her toward the balcony. The private balcony provided a breathtaking view of the ocean that over looks the Lagos skyline, shimmering in the moonlight.

Eniola gripped the balcony rail, tilting back her head to stare up the sky. "It's so beautiful out here," she smiled.

Her eyes sparkled as she stared up at the stars with a childlike wonder. There was something about the way her face lit up when she smiled. He often compared her to the other girls he had gone out with but none of them could hold a candle to her. What makes her so different?

He could lose his mind trying to figure that out. Eniola was talking about something, something about the stars, but he had stopped listening. He was desperately trying not to stare at her tight denim shorts, deciding it was not helping his already growing arousal. Her tank top didn't hide much, and it was obvious she was not wearing a bra.

The intoxicating scent of her perfume wafted through the cool air. Damn her for being so provocative, so damn sexy. He wanted her naked, and under him. He wanted to trace his hands down her luscious curves. He wanted to bury himself inside her heat, right here under the moonlight. Damn, he wanted her.

Dayo smothered a curse, his hands twitching in his pockets. How was he suppose to keep his hands to himself without going crazy? Damn her for making him feel like this. He hadn't expected to like her this much, or want her with so much intensity that it went beyond the realm of physical attraction.

He cleared his throat, but his voice was husky when he spoke. "I need to get you back to your hostel." He could barely think straight with her so close to him.

Eniola turned to him, her eyes holding his for a moment. "No. I want to stay here with you," she said.

"You can't stay here, Doll face," he said calmly.

"I'm not leaving," she said stubbornly. His eyes dropped to her lips and he felt an irresistible impulse to kiss her. He closed the little distance between them and caught her lips in a hard kiss. His kiss caught her by surprise, but she responded immediately. Her hand came up to tug at his hair as his tongue delved into her mouth, teasing hers.

He pressed himself against her, wanting her to feel how hard he was for her. She moaned low in her throat, grinding herself against his erection. And that was his undoing. He pulled his mouth from hers, his breathing uneven.

"Fuck," he groaned, staring at her mouth. Her lips were moist and swollen from his kisses, and her eyes glazed with desire. He heard her quick intake of breath as he pressed her against his hardness, letting her feel what she did to him.

He kissed her again, this time slower and passionate. Eniola kissed him back with an intense hunger that matched his own. "I fucking want you," he breathed against her lips.

Dragging her lips from his, she sucked in a breath and stared up at him. Her eyes had darkened with desire, but he could still sense her hesitation. If she wasn't ready then he wasn't going to force her.

"I'll drop you off," he said, his voice hoarse with passion.

"I - I don't want to go."

He felt his control snap. "Fuck, I can't promise not to touch you, if you stay. I want you so damn much I'm having one hell of a time keeping my hands to myself," he said thickly.

A shiver ran through her. "Dayo, I..."

Holding her gaze, he traced his thumb across the curve of her lip. "Damn it, you want me. I can see it in your eyes."

He let his lips brush against hers so slightly. "Say it, Eniola. Say you want me."

His coffee-brown gaze followed the movement of her tongue as it darted out to moisten her lips.

Before he could stop himself, he bent and kissed her again. She melted into him and curled her arms around his neck.

Her lips parted and the kiss deepened. He kissed her hungrily - as if he needed it as much as he needed air to breathe.

Damn! He wanted her so badly. He'd never wanted another girl with so much intensity. This wasn't just lust, he told himself.

She rubbed against him, invoking a low growl from him. He drew back unwilling and saw the raw need in her eyes.

"I want you too much," he whispered roughly. "But you can leave if you want."

Fuck this. He was so hard his dick ached and here he was asking her to leave - when what he wanted more than anything was to have her writhing with pleasure on his bed.

She closed her teeth over that lush bottom lip he loved to nibble on. "I want this too, but if we do this there's no going back," she said with a worried look.

He cradled her face in his palm. "I don't care how complicated this gets, I still want you. I want you so much that it's driving me fucking crazy."

Her lips parted slightly as she gazed at him. "Tell me you want me too," he urged.

Then he pressed his forehead against hers, his breathing ragged. He waited. He'd not try to convince her to stay even if it killed him. After a brief moment, he forced his eyelids open and stared down at her expectantly, waiting.

"I want you," she whispered, drawing his mouth back down to hers.