31| A night to remember

"DAYO, THIS IS SO BREAUTIFUL," Eniola said, as she slowly took in the magnificent scenery before her.

Buildings were highlighted with the soft glow of city lights, creating a picturesque view of the skyline. Stars shimmered in the velvety darkness of the night sky and reflected like tiny diamonds in the crashing waves.

The unobstructed view of the full moon in the cloudless sky took her breath away. It was beyond beautiful.

Dayo had a broad grin on his face when she finally turned back to him. "Wow, you knew this would blow my mind, didn't you?" she asked.

"I'm glad you like it. But wait — there's more," he smiled, and took her arm as they followed a path of red rose petals that were scattered on the beige colored sand.

Dayo laced his fingers with hers and she felt a tingling sensation as their hands touch. Eniola looked up at him, and wondered if he felt it too.

A radiant flicker of light in the distance caught her attention. Eniola halted her steps, mouth open, and too stunned to move.

"Oh, wow," Eniola breathed softly, as she covered her mouth with her hand. The beautifully lit tent formed an enthralling silhouette in the dark night.

Eniola caught a glimpse of the blanket fort inside the tent as long ivory drapes swayed lightly in the sea breeze.

She felt him come up behind her, his hot breath caressing her neck as he wrapped his hands around her waist. "Do you like it, doll face?" he asked.

"Dayo, this is incredible. I love it," she said with a look of delight. Eniola had a feeling that everything was unreal, but the solid body pressed against hers felt too real.

He brushed a kiss on her neck and released her. "Come on, let's go inside," he said, removing his shoes.

Eniola took off her sneakers and walked into the cozy tent. There was a small basket at the center filled with delicious snacks and a blue Pepsi cooler in the corner.

"We are going to watch a movie?" she asked, noticing the projector screen outside the tent.

A big grin crossed his face. "Of course, this date won't be complete without a movie," he said smoothly."This is not a date," she reminded him.

"Yeah, we are just hanging out." Dayo said in a slow sarcastic tone. They settled into the soft warm blankets and he started the movie projector.

  ***

Somewhere in the middle of the movie, Dayo rested her hand on her thigh. "Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" he whispered, his voice deep and husky.

Eniola smiled nervously, biting her lips. "Will you please let me focus on the movie?" she said teasingly.

"No," he grinned, brushing feather light kisses on the curve of her neck. Greedy for his kisses, she arched her neck and pressed against him.

Dayo shifted, grabbed her waist and lifted her onto his lap so that she was straddling him. He stared at her lips, "Why?" he said, grazing her lower lip with the pad of his thumb.

"Why what?" Eniola asked, her gaze locked with his deep brown eyes. He kissed her softly on the lips and pulled away.

Dayo faintly caressed her cheek with the tip of his fingers. "Why can't I stop thinking about you?" he asked, kissing her again on the lips.

"Dayo, I don't think..." she started. He murmured something under his breath, which she didn't quite catch, in a hoarse voice and he kissed her again.

After a moment, he broke the kiss. "You're driving me crazy, doll face," he said. Eniola knew he could be playing her but the light in his eyes as he looked at her said otherwise.

Dayo took her mouth again with heated passion, teasing her with his tongue. Eniola relaxed against him and brought her arm around his neck.

Maybe, just maybe he felt the same way...