52| Bathroom tryst

DAYO PULLED HIS plain white T-shirt over his head and dropped it on the black granite countertop. Novah had 'mistakenly' spilled some barbecue sauce on his shirt, and he had excused himself to go to the bathroom.

He looked at himself in the bathroom mirror and undid the tie to his durag. The bathroom door flew open and Novah walked into the bathroom, closing the door.

Dayo watched her through the bathroom mirror as she leaned against the door. She walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around him.

He groaned inwardly. "What are you doing in here?" he asked. Novah grinned, running her fingers against his bare skin. "I needed to talk to you, and there's no way I could do that with your new plaything following you everywhere."

A muscle worked in his jaw. "Don't call her that," he warned. She laughed softly, drawing slow circles on his back with her acrylic nails.

"Sorry, your girlfriend," Novah air-quoted the last word. Dayo shot her a glare in the mirror as she licked his neck teasingly.

He turned to face her. "Novah, whatever we had in the past is over. I have a girlfriend now." Dayo said.

She traced a path lightly over his chest, down his rippled stomach, before stroking him through his jean. "Was she the reason you turned me down me the other day I showed up at your place?" she murmured against his ear.

Dayo gritted his teeth and closed his eyes while he fought for control. Before he could react, she pulled his head down and kissed him hard on the lips. Moaning, she rubbed herself against him in a slow sensual way.

His hands came around her waist to push her way, but instead, he crushed her body to his and kissed her back. He felt her triumphant smile against his lips, as the tip of his tongue met hers stroke for stroke.

Dayo groaned low in his throat, gripping her waist and lifting her on the countertop so that he could stand between her legs. She released a throaty moan and hooked her legs around his waist.

His hand closed around her breast, stroking her erect nipple through the thin material of her bikini top. She arched her back, pushing her breast farther into his warm palm, begging for more.

Novah reached for the front of his jeans and started unbuckling the belt with a sense of urgency. Then he came to his senses. He couldn't do this to Eniola. He tore his mouth away from her and stepped back so fast that he almost fell over his own feet. 

Novah reached for him again but he stepped back. "We can't do this anymore, it has to stop," he said, his voice husky.

He snatched his shirt from the countertop and turned to leave. "It's a bet, isn't it?" she said. Damn it, she knew him too well. 

"Why would you think it's a bet? You know I wouldn't go as far as dating her if it was a mere bet," Dayo said, the lie sliding off his tongue.

Novah gripped the edge of the countertop. "You might be fooling her but you don't fool me, Dayo. Now tell me, was it a bet?"

"You can believe whatever the fuck you want, Novah," he said calmly and left her in the bathroom.

The moment he got out of the room, he heard the shattering sound of the mirror. He shook his head and wiped her kiss off his lips. Novah must be crazy if she thought he was going to give in after her last attempt. Sure he had gotten a little carried away but he, fortunately, regained his senses.

The last thing he needed was to fuck Jamal's cousin when he was just two rooms away, not that he was scared of the bastard or anything. But some things are just downright wrong, even for him.

He sighed as he made his way back to the pool. The music was thumping louder than before, and the poolside was filled with bodies grooving to the addictive sound of afrobeat.

He scanned the crowd and saw Eniola slowly untying the knot of her sarong, as if she were doing a striptease. He hurried to her and tightened the knot around her waist. 

"Babe." She smiled up at him, her words slightly slurred. Dayo caught her arm in a strong grip as she swayed. "Eniola, are you drunk?" he asked.

Dayo groaned. He left her for a couple of minutes and she already got herself drunk. "How many shots did you drink?" 

She giggled and held up her fingers to signify that she had taken four shots. "No, no - was it six?" she said confusedly.

Eniola had been drinking before he left but he'd mixed her drink himself unless... "Son of a bitch," he muttered under his breath.

His suspicion was confirmed when he spotted Jamal in a corner, raising his glass to him in a mock toast. "Stay right here, Dollface," he said, setting her down on a chair.

Dayo pushed his way through the crowd, not taking his steely gaze off Jamal. He grinned broadly as he saw him approach, lazily twirling the golden liquid in his glass.

"She's so amusing when she's drunk. The poor thing had no idea that I exchanged her drink. And why the hell did you stop her? I was so close to seeing that sexy― "

Dayo drew his fist back and punched him hard in the jaw, knocking him off balance and into the empty pool.

"Next time, I swear to God, I'll kill you," he snarled.