16| I'll be your tutor

DAYO PUSHED THE door open, everyone turned to see who dared to enter the class late; the lecturer Mrs. Jinadu was very peculiar when it came to punctuality. Dayo, however walked confidently into the classroom. 

The lecturer, Mrs. Jinadu paused in front of the class, raised a questioning eyebrow and tipped her glasses over her nose. The woman had always had a strong distaste for Dayo ever since she caught him kissing her daughter who was still a pre degree student. Dayo didn't like the woman very much either.

Mrs. Jinadu gave him a disapproving look as he slide into an empty seat next to Eniola. "Hey, doll face," he whispered.

They had formed a little bit of friendship after working together for two weeks on their project which they submitted a day ago. And he could notice that she was already loosening up, he just needed an opportunity to get close. 

Eniola shook her head. "Late comer. Why are you always late to class sef?"

Dayo grinned then crossed his arms. "Guess?"

He looked in her notebook and saw that she was doodling hearts across the margin. "Let me guess. Kissing, groping, biting, stroking..." she laughed.

"Wow, you'd put Sherlock Holmes to shame," he chuckled, pulling his notebook from his bag.

Eniola leaned back in her chair. "God will save you," she laughed.

Dayo looked around the classroom. "Amen to that. Where's your girlfriend? She never misses any class."

Eniola looked downcast. "Onome is not feeling too well, she's down with malaria."

"Tell her I'll check on her in the evening," Dayo said, copying what the lecturer had written on the milky white board.

"Yeah sure," she mumbled, resting her head on the desk with her eyes closed. 

Dayo poked her arm playfully. "Are you okay?" He said, not able to help his curiosity.

She raised her head from the desk and gave him a thin smile. "I'm fine," she replied, surprised that he asked.

Dayo studied her for a moment. "Are you sure? It looks like something is bothering you," he prodded.

Eniola let out a sigh then placed her head back on the desk. "I have this big test next week Thursday."

"ENG002?" he asked. 

Eniola frowned. "Yes, that's the one."

"I can tutor you if you want, I had a B in the course," he smiled.

Eniola's eyes widen slightly. "Are you whining me?"

Dayo smirked. "I'm dead serious, doll face. That's if you want to, no pressure."

"Yeah, that would be great," she said, giving him a dimpled smile. He always found himself staring whenever she smiled.

"You're welcome, doll face," he winked.

"So, where do we meet up? Are you good with the library?" 

"I don't do libraries, doll face. My place at 5?" he asked. The look on her face showed that she knows that he had something up his sleeve, and he did. 

Eniola eyed him dubiously. "Why not my hostel?"

"I call the shots here, doll face." 

Eniola rolled her eyes at him. "Alright, I'll be there by 5."

"Don't be late, I hate tardiness," he joked.

"Bankole, why don't you answer the question? Mrs. Jinadu said, targeting Dayo. "Because you seem very busy discussing the renaissance literature with Eniola."

Fortunately, Dayo had been half-following the lecture and was able to cook up a detailed answer. After Mrs. Jinadu scolded him, he and Eniola didn't say anything to each other and just focused on the lecture.

He needs to be at the top of his game if he wanted to bang this one, she's a hard nut to crack.

But soon, very soon...