35| Caught in the act

SOME GUYS STEPPED into the room laughing and playfully punching each other. The room was already packed with throngs of big boys from their school. 

Eniola brought the glass to her lips and took a long swallow as she scrolled through her Snapchat. Gingerly, she set the glass down on the table and took a picture of herself with a flower crown filter.

Again, she reached for her glass and realized it was empty. "Excuse me," she called as one of the waitress hurried by.The waitresses dashed back and forth taking orders as another group of rich guys walked in.

Eniola waved her hand in the air to gain their attention because she needed another drink. She looked around and saw that none of them were looking her way.

Sighing, Eniola stood up and walked over to the bar for a refill. The bartender was a young guy with dreadlocks pulled back in a ponytail that went down his back.

"What can I get you?" he asked, wiping the counter with a bar towel. "Vodka and lemon juice on ice," she said, leaning against the bar counter. The guy smiled and moved to the far end where the other bartender was pouring drinks for the waitresses.

Eniola looked towards the corner that led to the restroom and wondered what was taking Dayo so long. "Here's your drink," the bartender said, setting a drink in front of her on the counter.

Eniola picked up the drink, took a sip and placed the glass back on the counter. Absently, she traced her index finger around the rim of the glass.

"Can I buy you a drink?" A guy asked, sitting on the empty bar stool next to her. He flashed her a grin and set his iPhone 11 Pro Max on the counter to impress her.

The guy was light skinned and dressed in expensive designer clothes. His smile revealed a slight dimple in his right cheek as he turned to her. Okay, he's cute. Big deal.

Eniola shook her head. "No, thanks. I can buy my own drinks." She twirled her glass around and looked around the room for Dayo. Still no sign of him. Where had he gone to?

"Barman, I'll take a double shot of Jack Daniel's on the rocks," the guy said, tapping his car keys on the counter. 

Eniola rolled her eyes. Typical boys. He was probably expecting her to throw herself at him because he drives a Mercedes Benz.

She caught the smirk on his face as he moved his bar stool closer to hers. "Come on, let me pay for your drink," he urged.

Eniola smiled sweetly at him. "No, I'll take care of it," she said, pulling out her credit card to pay the bill.

She slipped the card on the counter and winked at the bartender. Luckily, he caught her meaning and grinned.

The bartender worked the POS machine and returned her card with a wink. "Bye, enjoy your drink," she smiled and went in search of Dayo. 

Eniola squeezed her way through the crowd and turned to the corner that led to the bar's restroom. Slowly, she stopped in her tracks at the sight before her very eyes. 

He was kissing another girl...