92| Broken: Part I (REAVE)

𓆩 Visual reference of Eniola's outfit 𓆪

P.S.: I don't own this image. Copyright infringement is not intended.

———✦❘༻Adedayo༺❘✦———

Jackass.

What in the hell was the matter with him? When had he become so malevolent, so callous?

Dayo felt guilt the size of a behemoth wash over him. He cursed himself for being a ruthless bastard and for a moment he wanted to chase after her and gather her in his arms — to kiss her tears away and apologize for being an asshole. But he didn't think she'd want him anywhere near her; not after what he just said to her. Hell, she probably hated him now, and he couldn't blame her. He hated himself, too.

He wanted to hate her too, and maybe he did on a small level. While he was used to people having little or no faith in him, hers felt like a visceral punch to the gut. And then, she'd dealt the final blow by kissing another guy, right in front of him, no less.

He felt jealousy digging its grotesquely disfigured claws into his heart, shredding what was left of the organ as the memory sandblasted him. A memory he'd rather forget.

He worked the muscles of his jaw as the vicious memory ebbed from his consciousness, hoping that this time, it would stay buried in the recesses of his mind. He didn't need to be reminded every damn minute that she kissed Kam.

He dug his hand into his pocket and brought out his silver butane lighter, along with the last blunt in his pocket. Shoving the brown marijuana wrap between his lips, he sparked the lighter and shielded the fluttering flame with a cupped hand. Pausing, the flame hovering inches from the blunt, he suppressed a groan, recalling the disapproving look on her face.

He shouldn't give a damn what she thought. if she were any other person, he probably wouldn't give a flying fuck. But for some fucked up reason it cut him to the core that she'd looked at him with something akin to disgust.

Pulling the blunt from his lips, he tossed it into the velvety blanket of darkness cloaking the farmhouse. You're a damned fool, he castigated himself. He shouldn't give a damn about her self-righteous thoughts, but he did.

Had she burrowed so deep into his core that he now questioned actions he normally wouldn't have given a second thought to?

He groaned, and the stillness of the night cradled the sound, allowing it to reverberate faintly in the distance. Throwing his head back, he gazed at the cosmic canvas of the sky embellished with radiant jewels of shimmering stars.